Magic Engine Oil!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only check my oil when its engine is cold , and i have it half way up the stick .Its been good enough for me for 50 years or more..If you check it hot half the oil is in the rocker box ,.

I bought an oil pump from Machine Mart the other day. Boodly fantastic. Pumped 4.5 lires out of the Vaneo in 5 minutes. No mess, no lying on cold damp ground. I'm a convert.

I bought an oil pump from Machine Mart the other day. Boodly fantastic. Pumped 4.5 lires out of the Vaneo in 5 minutes. No mess, no lying on cold damp ground. I'm a convert.

Exactly how I felt.

Another way is the Formoto Quick Drain Valve It replaces the sump plug, and you just pull a lever and the oil will just empty out in to the container A little thought about it ..and you could fit a wire under the bonnet so you pull it and do it from there. Don't put it in a place that you can catch it.. Lot quicker than getting the pump out . Just pop a container under the drain plug, job done . But for a lot of new cars they suck the oil out at the dealers ..

Another way is the Formoto Quick Drain Valve It replaces the sump plug, and you just pull a lever and the oil will just empty out in to the container A little thought about it ..and you could fit a wire under the bonnet so you pull it and do it from there. Don't put it in a place that you can catch it.. Lot quicker than getting the pump out . Just pop a container under the drain plug, job done . But for a lot of new cars they suck the oil out at the dealers ..

Yes but you still have to get down under the car :p I have seen those things on the interwibble before and they do look useful.

Excellent suggestion! :rock:

Just a pity that the Valve doesn't appear to have the addition of a Pipe Union, so you could activate the Remote Lever under the Bonnet and a Pipe would direct the Oil to a convenient place where your Waste Oil Container could be placed, no Sump Guard or Panel to be removed to gain access to the Sump Plug! :D

20 Minutes later, I hadn't even taste the nice Coffee I was given when the Technician called me into the Workshop, pulled the Dipstick, cleaned it, dipped it again and showed me the Oil was indicating half way between the Upper and Lower Markers (as it normally is) :rolleyes::oops::eek::wallbash:.

Begs the question. Why did it take 20 minutes before they called you?" Bet I could check the level and add a pint or two in that time.....

Begs the question. Why did it take 20 minutes before they called you?" Bet I could check the level and add a pint or two in that time.....

The 20 minutes was taken up from me leaving home and driving the 6 Miles to the Dealership, seeing the Receptionist, (should that now be Reception Person?) getting seated and a Coffee supplied!

I do however agree with the way you are thinking! :rolleyes:

I had my first Servicing carried out on Friday, they said it would be an hour but it took over two and a half, I watched them working away!

Saturday morning, washed and dried the car and as usual checked all fluid levels (more habit than anything) the Engine Oil was below the lowest Indicator!! o_O

Had a little tantrum! (I was listening to Planet Rock rather loudly so no one heard me ranting) phoned the MB Dealership and explained the problem "The dip stick is hard to see Sir, are you sure it's so low?" After informing the Service Desk all about my Aircraft Engineering experience earned over the last 47 + Years, we agreed that I should pop in to get the Oil topped up!:D

20 Minutes later, I hadn't even taste the nice Coffee I was given when the Technician called me into the Workshop, pulled the Dipstick, cleaned it, dipped it again and showed me the Oil was indicating half way between the Upper and Lower Markers (as it normally is) :rolleyes::oops::eek::wallbash:.

They are adamant that they didn't add Oil, I am adamant that it was low, so it must have appeared by Magic on my 10 Mile journey! :p

They gave me a free Litre of Oil and asked me to keep an eye on the Level, all without mentioning "Silly Old Git" to my face! :confused:

I didn't have to wash my car last week as it wasn't covered in Cr&p for a change, got home last night and and decided to check the Oil Level!

Just below the the minimum! :wallbash:

Waited for 10 Minutes and checked again, same result, topped up using half of the "Free litre" and it's now between the Upper and Lower Markers! No oil leaks apparent so I will have to check the level everyday, bit of a worry as I need to travel up to Dumfries on Thursday!:oops:

I didn't have to wash my car last week as it wasn't covered in Cr&p for a change, got home last night and and decided to check the Oil Level!

Just below the the minimum! :wallbash:

Waited for 10 Minutes and checked again, same result, topped up using half of the "Free litre" and it's now between the Upper and Lower Markers! No oil leaks apparent so I will have to check the level everyday, bit of a worry as I need to travel up to Dumfries on Thursday!:oops:
Take it for a good run to get it up to operating temperature, so 20 minutes at 60 mph to be sure, park, switch off and wait five minutes, before testing again. Hopefully it will still be less than the max marker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom