Magical mystical colour-changing dials

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rungles

Car
C230K W202
So my car has ivory dials which go black at night. It's either the devils work or there's some science involved.

Am I right in thinking that the ivory face that you see in daylight is just really thin and reflective?

Ooh and I found cup holders that I didn't know were in the passenger armrest. Good times.

Scott

Yeah, the cup holders in the rear armrest is great but potentially dangerous for the driver to use. Thus, I bought a standard cheap hook type cup holder, cut the hook bit off, drilled a hole in the bottom and secured in the centre console using one of it's own mounting screws. Not very M-B like admittedly, but does the job and it's out of sight.

I have a pop-out cup holder in the centre console arm rest which is perfect for a bottle of water (or a can of Special Brew).

Until you want to select reverse then you will see the problem. they are designed for LHD cars.

Mine is just in front of the armrest here:

imagejpg1_zpse6748e28.jpg

I think there maybe a bit of confusion regarding the cup holders. Is this the one you are talking about, KH?

Last edited:
Yes, there is only the one, I had it on both my W202s. It is designed for a LHD car so the 2nd cupholder sticks out into the drivers leg/gets in the way of the gear shifter.

Fine for LHD, rubbish for RHD/ OK if theres only one of you in the car and you can use the 'lower' of the two, but have a drink in the drivers side and its completely in the way.

Mine doesn't have the extra pop-out one. It may not even be a cup holder but it works. The insert is removable for cleaning though.

Mine doesn't have the extra pop-out one. It may not even be a cup holder but it works. The insert is removable for cleaning though.

Got you. I find that one too wide & too deep as it's more or less just a slot.

Ah, right got you.

That slot is better than the cupholder anyway. Looks cool when it moves however.

Doesn't it just?! It should make a noise too though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom