magnetic fuel conditioners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SSBB

Car
E320cdi Avantgard Estate
:confused: I have no experience of these units, but I fail to see how magnetism can have such an effect on so many different substances.
I found this interesting site, although Im not saying these things dont work but in a democratic way anyone considering spending money in order to save money should take a look.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/magscams.html#MFT

I bought a magnet thingy from Grav888. A little sceptical at first but comparing fuel consumption after fitting ( 2 min job) I have found that I now get (on a long run) 34mpg out of the Coupe. Before I was getting about 29 / 30 mpg. I know another forum member who has similar savings. I am not saying that it will be the same for every car, but I feel that it is something that you should investigate further.

Quote: cant believe anyone would read such a boring article .

I have a bottle of Thermactic pyroclesial fliud. This will make your tyres last 80,000 miles, increase your mpg by 100% and make you look ten years younger. Please send £20 and I'll send you the product.

New muffler bearings will give more power and if you drive easy better economy:D

ANswer me this :
Why do Vehicle manufacturers NOT fit these devices, hiclones, Magnets, xyz stabilser, turbulators, rabbits foot, multi earth leads etc etc to vehicles??

What an easy way to increase power, reduce emissions AND give better fuel economy to meet EEC and other regulatory requirements?

Bazzle

Probably because they spent millions on producing the CAT.
Why do you have magnets around computer cables and other electrical cables?

They consist of a ferrite core designed to eliminate radio frequency interference.Similar to spark plugs with an R in their model code which stands for Resistor and stops interference on a television etc as you drive past someones house.

Parrot of Doom said:
Anybody who 'sees' a benefit has likely subconciously changed his/her driving habits.
[/QUOTE=Parrot of Doom]

Err dont think so as my wife will tell you.:rolleyes:

link above said:
MIRACLE MAGNETS
There are dozens of fuel-line magnets on the market. We tested two. They all make similar claims: substantial improvements in fuel economy, reduced emissions and increased horsepower.

According to the people selling these devices, as gasoline flows past the magnet, the magnetic field will "break apart clusters of fuel molecules so gas burns more efficiently." Problem: Gasoline molecules aren't magnetic, not at all. But wait, there's more. If the fuel line is steel, as many are, the lines of magnetic flux will follow the fuel line walls instead of passing through the fuel.

THE DYNO SAYS: As we suspected, neither device had any significant effect on performance or economy.

Its like the old myth about eating Grapefruits to make you lose weight :)

I have had a magnet fitted to my fuel line for the past 3 years. IMO it does not work. I was averaging around 25 miles pg before, and still getting the same fuel economy. I personally think these gimmicks are a waste of money. I just haven't bothered taking the magnet off yet, as I keep forgetting to!!

I thought the 'magnets' on electrical equipment were supressors to prevent electrical interference and not to make them more efficient.

I have tried the fuel magnets in the past and cannot say I noticed any difference. However I have seen the results of using similar magnets on a dog that had hip problems, it was getting to the stage where it would have to be put down. The owner bought a collar with a magnet it it and within a few weeks the dog was playing like a puppy again, it went on for a good 18 months or so but then it's kidneys gave up (hopefully not related to the magnet!!) so the magnet gave the dog an extra bit of life.

We were so impressed we have one on our dog who used to suffer from IBS but he has been fine since wearing it for the last 5 years or more, mind you he still has steroids every other day so not exactly conclusive proof.

The same company also sells magnets for your car and central heating boiler, they offer a 90 day money back guarantee.

I dont know how they work in living creatures but in my opinion they do, as for motors, I am still not convinced.

I have a bottle of Thermactic pyroclesial fliud. This will make your tyres last 80,000 miles, increase your mpg by 100% and make you look ten years younger. Please send £20 and I'll send you the product.

he he - make it £25 and I'll take one ;)

Why do you have magnets around computer cables and other electrical cables?

its to do with anti-hysteresis IIRC - its not about making the electrons go quicker or even more economically :p

jimmy said:
I have tried the fuel magnets in the past and cannot say I noticed any difference. However I have seen the results of using similar magnets on a dog that had hip problems, it was getting to the stage where it would have to be put down. The owner bought a collar with a magnet it it and within a few weeks the dog was playing like a puppy again, it went on for a good 18 months or so but then it's kidneys gave up (hopefully not related to the magnet!!) so the magnet gave the dog an extra bit of life.

And what was meant to be happening? Was the dog's blood magnitized? ;) I'm no medical expert but no magnet that can fit around a dog's collar, could have any affect on the dog . . . or the owner for that matter. ;)

The placebo effect is so well established that pharmeceutical companies often have difficulty showing a real benefit when conducting double blind tests on new products. The placebo effect can show up to a 30% improvement, however measured, which can be hard for drug companies to beat. Maybe drivers are susceptible too! So what if it is psychological if the bills go down. :confused:

I have been using magnetic insoles in my shoes for a couple of years now and they definatly do some thing I also had a magnetic bracelet which helped a lot with my thumb. They do help humans and animals and the japanese are great users, not sure if they are of use in cars?

nigel cross said:
I have been using magnetic insoles in my shoes for a couple of years now and they definatly do some thing I also had a magnetic bracelet which helped a lot with my thumb. They do help humans and animals and the japanese are great users, not sure if they are of use in cars?

Have you actually tested the magnetic flux in these products. A friend was selling them and there were all sorts of miracle cure claims, however we couldn't get them to attract even very light ferrous objects. Try paperclips for example.

At £40 a pair they weren't cheap.

Have you actually tested the magnetic flux in these products. A friend was selling them and there were all sorts of miracle cure claims, however we couldn't get them to attract even very light ferrous objects. Try paperclips for example.

the ecoflow wrist magnets were very, VERY strong, I still have a couple of the magnets taken from a knackered wrist band. It is quite difficult to pull them apart in fact.

I am not a beliver at all in these but my Mother In Law cannot grip hard enough even to pick up a cup of tea with her right hand - until she tried one of these. She is very pleased, has used one as necessary for about 5 years. She doesnt tell anyone about it and doesnt care what anyone else thinks - she knows it helps her to be able to use her hand . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom