Mahindra Bolero.... G class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Watching India on four wheels curently on BBC HD and they are driving a Mahindra Bolero...

I googled it as I thought it looked good...sort of G wagen copy :)

Mahindra Bolero | New Suv Vehicle | Bolero India | Mahindra Motors

they have the top of the range one...

Just looked at the engines...the best CRD one has 97 bhp !!!

bolero.jpg

There are just not enough NOs in the world ...

The thing is in India there is very little considered when cars are put together, safety is very last on the list of priorities. The engines are put together using antiquated technology and generally the ride quality is rubbish compared to other Non-Indian cars.

There are other similar type copy vehicles equally as bad. The Hindustan Ambassador was based on the Morris Oxford however most of them were pushed off the production line as the electrics were not completed correctly. There is also the Nano car by Tata which is supposed to be like the Smart car but I have no idea on how it would fare in a crash of any kind.

There is also the Nano car by Tata which is supposed to be like the Smart car but I have no idea on how it would fare in a crash of any kind.

It would be just the same as a Smart.

It would crash.

Hate to say this but the construction of the Mercedes G wagon is closer to that Mahindra Bolero that you might care to think. The G Wagon was designed in the mid 70's, a despite having its powertrain updated over the years, retains what is fundamentally a 40 year old body design!! They are a dangerous vehicle to have any form of large collision in----- they have no EURO NCAP rating--- why because they are classified as a commercial military vehicle.

Hate to say this but the construction of the Mercedes G wagon is closer to that Mahindra Bolero that you might care to think. The G Wagon was designed in the mid 70's, a despite having its powertrain updated over the years, retains what is fundamentally a 40 year old body design!! They are a dangerous vehicle to have any form of large collision in----- they have no EURO NCAP rating--- why because they are classified as a commercial military vehicle.

Interesting.

OK next question. Anyone been in a large shunt in a "G" and lived to tell the tale or seen a "G" come off way second best against say a Pajero
:ban:

There's this rather famous advert of course. Funny but bears no resemblance to reality unfortunately. I have searched to find crash test footage of the G wagon but singularly failed to find any- which perhaps tells you something??[YOUTUBE]8PBqKqM0nrA[/YOUTUBE]

This is all I could find Mercedes G-Class Crashes

Notice the crash test is " full frontal" with the impact spread over the entire front of the car and not the far more testing offset frontal impact used now as more typical of most frontal collisions. The other worrying aspect is the lack of any crumple zones to dissipate any collision energy- this often leaves the car looking relatively unscathed while subjecting the the occupants to unacceptably high G forces despite being restrained by seat belts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom