Maidstone to Wokingham, or vice versa.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Next week my work takes me to Maidstone ME14 and Wokingham RG41.

I'll be leaving home at 6.00am so will be able to reach either area by 9.30-10.00am.

Getting to either destination is simple, but I have to get from ME14 to RG41 or vice versa. I don't want to get caught up in any unnecessary congestion etc, so which would be the best destination to arrive at first?

Ideally, I would like to arrive in Maidstone for no later than 13.00hrs.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

I'll be leaving home at 6.00am so will be able to reach either area by 9.30-10.00am.

Getting to either destination is simple, but I have to get from ME14 to RG41 or vice versa. I don't want to get caught up in any unnecessary congestion etc, so which would be the best destination to arrive at first?

Thanks in advance.

Paul.
From past experience i would say Rg41 first then ME14.

Done a similar trip today.

I'd do Reading then Maidstone. Get away by 3pm you should miss the worst of it, unless someone crashes.

TomTom with Traffic HD very useful

eta Maidenhead for 9.30 would stick you on M25 at rush hour. Not good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll go to Wokingham first. :thumb:

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

Getting from Wokingham to Maidstone won't be a fast journey.

Getting from Wokingham to Maidstone won't be a fast journey.

I believe that the 40 MPH signs on the lower M25 are an advisory to tell you to try and get up to that speed (if at all possible) in the twenty yards before you hit the stationary car in front. The benefit of heading from Maidstone to Wokingham (well there is actually is no benefit) is that you can experience first hand the joys of the M26 merging with the M25. Hibernating rodents often wake up just to see if the traffic is moving.

I believe that the 40 MPH signs on the lower M25 are an advisory to tell you to try and get up to that speed (if at all possible) in the twenty yards before you hit the stationary car in front. The benefit of heading from Maidstone to Wokingham (well there is actually is no benefit) is that you can experience first hand the joys of the M26 merging with the M25. Hibernating rodents often wake up just to see if the traffic is moving.

You can't go too fast in a Vito otherwise all the rust starts to come off...

Suggest that you leave early and finish early thus avoiding rush hour completely. I did London to Manchester via M25 / M40 recently and left home at 5.15am. Was on M40 by just after 6.00am and in Mancs by 9.15am.

Colleague did Chepstow to Dartford via M40 /M25 in 2.5 hours having started at 4.45am so it is doable.

You can't go too fast in a Vito otherwise all the rust starts to come off...

Nurse. Nurse! He's out of bed again!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom