Main agm battery .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OneForTheRoad

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Glc coupe 350d was 2017 e350 c207 .. +65 ford kuga 2.0 cdi zetec awd..
morning folks. Can anyone help me source a replacement battery for A001 982 81 08 .

I've no idea what type it is , ecp list 2 but the sizes are a mismatch .... and priced at £544 lol , minus the code of course.

Also who makes batteries for halfords.

Last edited:
Not sure I'm helping but a quick Google bring up a pile of batteries....
20200919_055410.jpg
Plus these guys look like they know their stuff..

£195 . With discount ... unbelievable...

The Part # quoted in Post#1 is for a wet battery, not an AGM.

This is the one you need for a stop -start system

I'd go for the Varta G14 battery at £172 or the Yuasa for £156

I always use tanya for any battery requirement, Good value and next day service.

The MB-branded batteries are made by Varta. But you can't buy an identical battery directly from Varta.

Instead, Varta, Bosch, Yuasa, Tanya, Exide etc, all offer AGM batteties suitable for your vehicle, but that does not mean that they are identical in spec to the original MB-branded battery (in fact, most likely the spec will be slightly different, even when buying a Varta battery).

My point is that you shouldn't try and match the original MB-battery's spec. Instead, you should either buy a genuine MB-branded battery, or buy a battery that is certified to fit your vehicle from a different brand (and regardless of specific spec).

On another note, on the occasion that I bought a Halfords-branded battery, it said 'Made in India', but I couldn't see any other manufacturer's info on it.

The Part # quoted in Post#1 is for a wet battery, not an AGM.

This is the one you need for a stop -start system

I'd go for the Varta G14 battery at £172 or the Yuasa for £156

G14 won't fit unfortunately I have one brand new from my w219 or id of used it. Battery tray is 315 mm long.

Guess it depends how much "discount" hey give. ;)

Always found Edinburgh to be beast (for price) along with a few of the others that sell regular on ebay.

I bought a 800 cca 80 ah 115 agm type from halfords , made by varta now by all accounts. I needed the car fixed today ...

I bought a 800 cca 80 ah 115 agm type from halfords , made by varta now by all accounts. I needed the car fixed today ...

Halfords can be handy in such situations, Trade Card is very handy as well if you can get one or borrow a mates.

Halfords can be handy in such situations, Trade Card is very handy as well if you can get one or borrow a mates.

My local motor factors wanted £240 , euro car parts cheapest was a lion at £177 , lad on the phone said should be £400 . Lol yes we all know how ecp operates he was told. Would of got a varta f21 if I had the time to wait. ...

I've always found my local dealer to be very competitive on battery prices, I appreciate though, that yours may not be but possibly worth a phone call and ask for discount?

I've always found my local dealer to be very competitive on battery prices, I appreciate though, that yours may not be but possibly worth a phone call and ask for discount?

I did. 195 was his reply. 😉 same battery is varta f 21 £155 .

I did. 195 was his reply. 😉 same battery is varta f 21 £155 .

[Pedantic-Mode]

As per my previous post... it won't be the 'same' battery. It may very well be just as good - or possibly even better - but it won't be identical to the original MB battery. The model of batteries that Varta make for MB are not available for purchase directly from Varta.

[/Pedantic-Mode]

[Pedantic-Mode]

As per my previous post... it won't be the 'same' battery. It may very well be just as good - or possibly even better - but it won't be identical to the original MB battery. The model of batteries that Varta make for MB are not available for purchase directly from Varta.

[/Pedantic-Mode]

Pedantic is OK at times. I welcome all views.

[/Pedantic-Mode-continues-due-to-encouragement]

In fact, the Varta batteries sold under the Varta brand are identical to the Bosch-branded batteries. Long story, but they are both made in the same factory.

[/Pedantic-Mode]

Only one place to buy batteries, Tayna, next day delivery and always best price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom