Main agm battery .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
EDIT : Just seen battery now sourced from Halfords - My info below if anyone needs it in future.

OP battery equivalent is F21 this based on part number given. I bought a Varta for my S212 my MB one was a Varta underneath. Seen other comments here re MB labelled items, but mine cheaper than MB & has 5 year warranty. Car starts & drives fine.

Last edited:
Only one place to buy batteries, Tayna, next day delivery and always best price.

Tanya with my reg quoted the wrong size battery , different cca and different ah. So sorry , its not like.

Tanya with my reg quoted the wrong size battery , different cca and different ah. So sorry , its not like.

The CCA and Ah of aftermarket batteries will always differ slightly from your genuine MB-branded battery. It doesn't mean the battery isn't suitable for your car though. But ultimately the only way to get a 100% identical battery to the original one (if that's important for you) is to buy a genuine MB-branded one.

The CCA and Ah of aftermarket batteries will always differ slightly from your genuine MB-branded battery. It doesn't mean the battery isn't suitable for your car though. But ultimately the only way to get a 100% identical battery to the original one (if that's important for you) is to buy a genuine MB-branded one.

I'll remember that next time I buy a halfords battery rated at 800 cca and 80 ah . Exactly the same as the battery I took off . Same as the varta f21 rated exactly the same as the battery I took off.

Also what I meant by size was wxhxl

Last edited:
I'll remember that next time I buy a halfords battery rated at 800 cca and 80 ah . Exactly the same as the battery I took off . Same as the varta f21 rated exactly the same as the battery I took off.

You're luckier than me then... I was unable to find an exact match on any of the major battery manufacturers' catalogues for the original MB-branded battery for any of the Mercs I owned. And oddly some of the batteries on offer didn't have the exact same physical dimensions either (although they would have still fitted).

You're luckier than me then... I was unable to find an exact match on any of the major battery manufacturers' catalogues for the original MB-branded battery for any of the Mercs I owned. And oddly some of the batteries on offer didn't have the exact same physical dimensions either (although they would have still fitted).

Use the forum m8. Someone will send something your way
:)

I’ve used Tayna for a replacement AGM battery. CCA was better then the original but not a lot. I had a chat with them just to be on the safe side as I had no real understanding of the AMG battery. The best deal with them was for a Varta and 4yr. Very happy with the service and price.

They quoted the wrong size for mine too using the battery look up. But I'm not going to let me not knowing the correct battery I want get in the way of buying the right battery from a retailer with good customer service and at a very competitive price. I just used the Merc part number on my battery to work out which Varta battery was the right one, and bought that from Tayna. Varta supply a lot of Merc original batteries.

I bought a 800 cca 80 ah 115 agm type from halfords , made by varta now by all accounts. I needed the car fixed today ...
Good news if Halfords batteries are now Varta. A very reputable manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom