Main Dealer - Hertfordshire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theworkerb, Feb 10, 2020.

1. theworkerb

theworkerb Member

Car:
    E63 AMG
    Hey guys,

I need my car serviced next month and was hoping to hear other members opinions on dealers in Hertfordshire. My local, MB Watford, is terrible at answering the phone, waiting area isn't great and there's not much/anything to do nearby so I was wondering if there was another that you have experience with that you would recommend.

Sorry if this isn't in the right section.

Thanks

TheBlimp likes this.
  2. Piff

Piff Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian, A207 E250CDi Cabriolet Sport, R171 SLK280
    Wouldn't touch Watford with a very long bargepole unless they have greatly improved in recent years

3. OP
    OP
    theworkerb

theworkerb Member

Car:
    E63 AMG
    Could you recommend another dealer then? Preferably one you've personally dealt with

4. Flyinspanner

Flyinspanner Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W215 CL500, W168 A-140.
    Take a detour to Wayne Gates in Harrow, a superb indie. :)

jdrrco likes this.
  5. Piff

Piff Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian, A207 E250CDi Cabriolet Sport, R171 SLK280
    Not local to your area so can't advise only to say had very bad experience with Watford in the past.

6. Will

Will MB Club Veteran

Car:
    GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
    I don’t live around there, but I bought a car (an E63) that had just been serviced and had some other work carried out by Mercedes-Benz of Bedford pre-sale and they couldn’t have been more helpful.

The work was carried out to a good standard and their communications (phone/email) were very good (I wasn’t even a customer of theirs at the time) so I would consider giving them a try if the distance etc works for you.

Otherwise have a trip over to MB Brooklands, plenty to see over there whilst your car is being serviced :cool:

BTW, you can check servicing prices etc online at www.mymercedesservice.co.uk

It does vary according to the dealership/pricing structure etc. Bedford I think were better priced than some of the others nearby.

7. MrGreedy

MrGreedy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Insignia diesel :-( and w212 E350 CDI :-)
    Paul Evans in Harlow seems to be well recommended by people on this forum and others. I have never used him, but when I was recently looking to buy a car in the area, he was more than happy to squeeze me in with an appointment to do an inspection, and seemed a thoroughly nice chap on the phone. Not Hertfordshire, but close. Inspection didn't go ahead in the end as the car trader wouldn't allow any inspections.

AA Merctech also seem to get a great rep. Also near to Harlow in Hoddesdon. Again, a bit out of reach for me to try.

8. OP
    OP
    theworkerb

theworkerb Member

Car:
    E63 AMG
    Thanks for the replies fellas, I'm not sure how long I plan on keeping the car so I am going to keep it full main dealership history as I know for a lot of people thats better than an indie.

Thanks for the link Will, I'll check that out. I did think of going to MB Brooklands, however, this may be flawed logic but I assumed its a higher change of a young person/apprentice working on the car. Not sure if it matters or not but can't help but think it.

9. guhvies

guhvies Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2017 C43 AMG Saloon
    There's MB of Hertford on the A414. I used it a couple of times when I lived in Ware for routine service.

10. flowrider99

flowrider99 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL500 (R230)
    All main dealers are similar to be fair, the technicians follow a script, do what they are told and charge a fortune. I've used Stevenage, Watford and Hemel Hempstead and all are as good or bad as the other. :confused:

11. OP
    OP
    theworkerb

theworkerb Member

Car:
    E63 AMG
    Thanks for the replies guys. Just booked in with MB Brooklands. Atleast the cafe is nice and theres something to do.

flowrider99 likes this.