Main Dealer Or approved MB garage for servicing?? HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Quick update for you all

Found the original seller of the car who was a dealer spoke to them and they said all service was with paper work (which I have) he was quite baffled as to why its not on the system

Rang the dealer based in Isle of man! I've called 3 times and sent emails with a promise to a call back it's coming to a week and still haven't heard back from them and eveytime I've called I get the same crap that they are all busy with clients and will give me a call when someone is free

I'm still waiting

^ Keep at them with calls and emails until you get satisfaction.
I can't see a dealer on the IOM being snowed under.

Is it MB Nottingham? They are on Lenton Lane. Have to say they are superb, very trustworthy and do a top job. I've used them for a couple of years for ancillary work and have been very impressed - will be using them for everything after my final service plan service in February '23.
Yes it was them! They where very helpful ans answered everything they could with out hesitation!

One that is also full of BS by the sounds of it; what a surprise. Did they also tell you that the previous owner was a doctor or a vicar?
At least you seem to have come out of the experience unscathed and lessons learned for next time.
1. Car dealers will pretty much universally tell you what you want to hear; if it is not written down it is a good chance it is bo**ox.
2. It is always worth keeping a copy of the ad for the car even after you have bought it because it includes representations made by the seller.
3. Service history is easy to check - but rather than you running around checking make the seller get it - in writing - and present it to you as part of the agreement to buy the car. If it subsequently turns out not to be correct for whatever reason then it becomes the seller's problem - not your's.
Thanks for this

Believe me this will by the first and last time I rush into it!

Again I just think it got the better of me the buzz of finally finding the car after months on end exactly how I wanted it going to collect it being my 1st performance car it was just all a big rush !

I appreciate the advise 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom