Main Dealer refuses to take credit card payment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a funny old world where scammers seem to be able to open any number of bank accounts but charities struggle.

Many societies and charities use cheques as it is very difficult to set their accounts up to allow electronic banking.
. :)

I'm not so sure that is the case - I have, in the not so decent past, set up bank accounts for 2 clubs with online access for authorised members

Bank branches are closing.
Which is disgraceful.

There should be at least one shared branch in every town and village : they can share ATMs , high time they did with branches .

A future in which if the battery in your smartphone runs flat , you have no means of paying for things ?
No one said that the future will suit the feckless.[/QUOTE]
A future in which ever increasing reliance on electronic devices means ever increasing likelihood of the battery running flat .

Which is disgraceful.

There should be at least one shared branch in every town and village : they can share ATMs , high time they did with branches .
Small bank branches lose money hand over fist, investors don't want to put their money into inefficient firms.

Post Offices seem to be filling the void.

No one said that the future will suit the feckless.
A future in which ever increasing reliance on electronic devices means ever increasing likelihood of the battery running flat .[/QUOTE]

We all know that you are prehistoric, you don't need to prove it over and over again.

Reactions: 219
Most pubs and coffee shops etc nowadays, I’d say for certain cash paying customers are in the minority.

Older people may well prefer what they’re used to, but they are in decline and there’s more young customers coming through the ranks.

Cash is definitely in decline, and it won’t be making a comeback either.

When did you last see anyone using a cheque? :)
Most pubs etc hereabouts cash is still the norm .

Cheques - been easily more than 5 years since I had a chequebook . Aren’t most banks phasing them out . Since guarantee cards stopped some years back few places accept them .

Small bank branches lose money hand over fist, investors don't want to put their money into inefficient firms.

Post Offices seem to be filling the void.
Customers expect SERVICE in return for their custom .

Customers expect SERVICE in return for their custom .

Sometimes, however, you have to define service. The fastest growing customer profile much prefer online engagement.

Bank branch visitors are dying out, literally.

He’s right, you know.

Online banking is growing in popularity. Banks are inconvenient for most and rarely used these days.

Most pubs etc hereabouts cash is still the norm

Funny enough, pubs are closing down gradually too. Most seem to turn into local mini supermarkets (Tesco Metro/Sainsbury’s Local etc)

And most people shopping there don’t use much cash either anymore :)

Sometimes, however, you have to define service. The fastest growing customer profile much prefer online engagement.

Bank branch visitors are dying out, literally.
Older people mainly , but still a lot of OAPs around , who don’t drive and do everything by cash .

Around 10 years ago the banks announced that they will be phasing-out paper cheques altogether within 2 years, but then had to withdraw this plan due to objections from older people, so for now there are no plans (as far as I know) to stop the use of paper cheques.

The Royal Mail should open Post Offices in the endless coffee shops, and pubs - I'm sure they would get a greater footfall there.

If I am sending a parcel, I tend to use myhermes and drop off at any number of points which are more accessible Eg better parking

I like to use my Sainsburys credit card for all payments big and small as it gives me Nectar points. So I have the car deposit saved but I will use credit card to get the points. We use the card for all purchases, pay it off monthly and earn a good 200 quid a year for free really.

Most pubs etc hereabouts cash is still the norm .

Cheques - been easily more than 5 years since I had a chequebook . Aren’t most banks phasing them out . Since guarantee cards stopped some years back few places accept them .

Strangely, they still use bank books in Japan and you cannot have an account without one.......took us a while to get used to it when we lived there......

Reactions: 219
....................We use the card for all purchases, pay it off monthly and earn a good 200 quid a year for free really.

Ditto (not Sainsburys) -- not sure how much we make but we get the credit card and nectar / loyalty points.

“Every little helps” ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom