Main Dealer Service London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiim533

Car
A lot of people bash MB main dealer services on this board, so with a little trepidation I put by E350 in for it's first service with MB Fortune Green in North London.

A got the video thing (never had that before) and it was all done, washed and cleaned and ready for collection when they said it would be. All the electronic service stuff was also on Mercedes Me.

Anyway, so I went away for a week last week, and on checking the Maps, noticed it was still 2014/2015 (V2.1) EUROPE. I was a little miffed to say the least, as I checked on the Electronics Board on here and there was an update. So, it WAS all true about main dealer servicing after all.

So I emailed them, and was immediately called by Asa Whyte, who is a Service Advisor there, who was incredibly apologetic, and said he would sort it out for me. I wasn't due back in London until last Monday morning, so left it at that.

The e-mails started at 8.10am on Monday morning, and I had 2 missed calls on my Mobile (unless I know the number I just won't answer it). He was suggesting he came to my flat on Tuesday morning his way to work at 7.30am, pick up the car, get the maps done and deliver it back to my flat at 6.30pm and his way back from work.

And that's exactly what happened. I got my car back (washed and valeted yet again), with the 2016 Maps installed. Apparently the map updates are done wirelessly and take about 4 hours, and sometimes the updates fail. He said from now on he'd personally get in each car when the service is done and check the map versions himself before calling a customer to say their car is ready for collection. I have the 2016 maps now.

And, being suspicious, being 30c on London yesterday and being a Cabrio, I thought he may just do a bit of posing. But no, thanks to Mercedes Me, I followed him on the map straight to the dealership, where it sat all day, and watched it coming back on the most direct route back to my flat.

So, next year, for it's B Service, I'll give Asa a call again. It's on a 3 year Service Care so in theory it could go anywhere, but I'll stick with them. :thumb:

Is it Fortune Green or Temple Fortune?

I stopped using main dealers after a bad experience with the Temple Fortune dealership some years ago, so if it is the same dealer then I am pleased to hear than things have improved over the years.

Is it Fortune Green or Temple Fortune?

I stopped using main dealers after a bad experience with the Temple Fortune dealership some years ago, so if it is the same dealer then I am pleased to hear than things have improved over the years.

Sorry my mistake.
Mercedes-Benz Temple Fortune
1089 Finchley Road
Temple Fortune,
London
NW11 OPU
Tel: 0208 731 0200
Mobile: 07827 347 589
Fax: 0208 457 5666
Email : [email protected]

I've just had my 2k miles oil change on my c63 done at temple fortune. Asa was the service representative dealing with it and I agree, top notch customer service. I'll be going back to temple fortune for my 10k mile service.

Your positive experience is down to Asa and his dedication and effort to go the extra mile to ensure you had a great customer experience and resolve the service issue:thumb:...not the stealer, what happens when Asa moves on?:confused:

Your positive experience is down to Asa and his dedication and effort to go the extra mile to ensure you had a great customer experience and resolve the service issue:thumb:...not the stealer, what happens when Asa moves on?:confused:

Well, usually in my experience, the level of service is usually demonstrated by the Management and then works it's way down. If someone is a quality individual but has poor management, generally they move on somewhere else. From what I understood, Asa has been there a while now.

Yes top level leadership and direction is vital for any business...but does not always flow down hill unless closely monitored...I am pleased you had a good stealer experience, but unfortunately this is not the 'norm' on the forums:fail

There are a small handful of good stealers in the UK, just not many...:dk:

Well, usually in my experience, the level of service is usually demonstrated by the Management and then works it's way down. If someone is a quality individual but has poor management, generally they move on somewhere else. From what I understood, Asa has been there a while now.

In reality only a fraction of customers would pick up on this. Shouldn't happen in the first place. The only reason it's sorted is a customer flagged it.

I won't go into the details of my negative experience at MB Temple Fortune, even if it did put me off MB dealer service for good, because it was back in 2010 so not really applicable to here and now (but if you search you will find that I posted about it at the time...). Just to say that it wanst related to the cost of the service - yes dealers charge more but I did not find their pricing unreasonable and would have been happy to pay their rates if the service was up to scratch.

I am happy to give Temple Fortune the benefit of the doubt and assume that Asa does indeed personally check that the map updates have been done on each and every car that they service and that is equipped with COMAND (even when the customer is unaware that they are entitled to free updates for the first three years and therefore did not specifically ask for it), and that your car was indeed a one-off that slipped through the net.

Would be interesting to hear other people's experiences - and so far we seem to have a Thumbs Up for Zeplin000, so that's promising.

Last edited:
In reality only a fraction of customers would pick up on this. Shouldn't happen in the first place. The only reason it's sorted is a customer flagged it.

To be fair, it's somewhat ridiiculous how long updates of the nav, and other stuff in the car, takes.

People rave about taking their car to a dealership to get "the updates" not realising that they're rarely done unless specifically asked for, or the customer flags an issue and a software update is noted by MB as the solution.

You can understand why dealers skip this - turning a 30 min oil and filter change into 4hrs plus of a bay being tied up must be a nightmare for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom