Main Dealer Seven Plus Scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dano

Car
CLK320
Marshall Motor Group 7 plus scheme.
Mercedes-Benz at Marshall Motor Group

http://rsi-cda.mercedes-benz.com/content/unitedkingdom/retailer-B/mercedes-benz_of_bolton/en/home/passenger_cars/home/services/our_offers/7_plus.html

Does anyone have any experience and feedback on the service delivered?

I've just been quoted £149 including VAT for a B Service on my 2002 W208 (CLK 320). This sounds a little too good to be true. I probed a little and found there is a fixed price element - covering an oil and filter change, and the rest is variable.

I just wondered if anyone had particapted in this 7 plus scheme. What was your total service cost? I'm nervous about proceeding, especially with "complimentary collect and return, complimentary courtesy car". These costs will no doubt be passed on in some fashion.

Thanks,

-- Dan

Sounds pretty good value to me, independent workshops have taken a huge amount of business from MB over the last few years and every so often they come up with a scheme to claw some back! The fixed price bit is the only part you will have to pay, you are within your rights to decline all other work.

the 2nd link says "until 31st Dec 2010"

If you're on variable servicing then make sure they'll use MB229.3 or .5 oil - some of the cheap dealer quotes (and that one is *very* cheap) use lower standard oil.

The fixed price bit is the only part you will have to pay, you are within your rights to decline all other work.

Yep - but in recent years, the majority of dealers are refusing to stamp service books unless all applicable additonal service jobs are completed (plugs, fluids, filters etc).

I think the headline price of £149 sounds tempting, but I expect most 'B' services on 7+ year old cars will cost a fair bit more than that :eek:

In reality, it's a good marketing idea to tempt older car owners back into main dealer servicing, but the idea behind the scheme must surely be to bring in older cars so they can fish for further work ;)

In reality, it's a good marketing idea to tempt older car owners back into main dealer servicing, but the idea behind the scheme must surely be to bring in older cars so they can fish for further work ;)

Confirmed by the offer of an MOT for £15.

Interesting talking to the service manager of a Mitsubishi dealership the other day after they made a hash of servicing my daughter's 4yr old Colt - he let it slip in discussions that virtually no-one takes their car to a franchised dealership once it's out of warranty.

To my mind if the price is reasonable, I don't see why not, and many makes (including Mitsubishi, like Mercedes) extend the roadside assistance cover if the car is dealer serviced. And the Mitsubishi scheme is the pukka full cover, not limited to breakdown like MB, so it's a valuable benefit.

The offer is still current. Interesting to see "your service book will only be stamped once all the necessary checks and maintenance have been completed" in the small print.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom