Major rant a comin!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
So - as some of you know, I was booked to get a nice shiny SILVER grille fitted to my baby at 3.30 this afternoon. Arrived at said time handed over keys and sat back and waited.

Half an hour later "you car's ready" yippee!! paid, and in the meantime was chatting to the guy who sold me the car. Told him what I was having done and he went and looked. He came back and sadi "I was expecting it to be more obviously Silver!"

Hmmmmmmmm thought I, odd - but got my keys, had paid and got my receipt. Went to look...........

Another Anthracite Grille :mad: :mad: :mad:

I went straight back and said "That aint silver" "Isn't it" " NO". The mechanic then said, "Oh I wondered why I was fitting exactly the same as I was taking off"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I now have two Anthracite grilles - not a SILVER one in sight and am £123 the lighter while they sort it. This is the first bad experience of MB Harrogate, but I have to say it seriously worries me that a mechanic doesn't ask such a simple question.

Discount time for the inconvenience... time of work etc...

What is the world coming to?

You may remember this:
Shude said:
SLK Final Edition grill : A 170 880 07 85 : £96.31 including VAT.

in case anyone was wondering :)
This is what you SHOULD have done:

1. Order the grill listed above, to just be delivered.
2. Go to the GTG with the grill in the boot. Flutter eyelashes a lot.
3. Watch all the forum members fall over themselves to help you with fitting it.

You would have saved £27, the grill would have been fitted and your hands wouldn't even have to get dirty, let alone break any nails! :)

Please try to remember that stealership people are great at ordering air filters and things, but when it comes to accessories and cosmetic stuff they get easily confused.

EDIT: all this talk about grills reminds me that this should have been posted in the bodywork section! :) Moving...

Last edited:
Shude said:
What is the world coming to?

You may remember this:

This is what you SHOULD have done:

1. Order the grill listed above, to just be delivered.
2. Go to the GTG with the grill in the boot. Flutter eyelashes a lot.
3. Watch all the forum members fall over themselves to help you with fitting it.

You would have saved £27, the grill would have been fitted and your hands wouldn't even have to get dirty, let alone break any nails! :)

Please try to remember that stealership people are great at ordering air filters and things, but when it comes to accessories and cosmetic stuff they get easily confused.

EDIT: all this talk about grills reminds me that this should have been posted in the bodywork section! :) Moving...

Yeah yeah yeah :eek: I know

Thanks for moving - will try harder next time - promsie :D

Shows just how incompetent dealers really can be. Ordering the wrong part is fairly common place - proceeding with fitting a duplicate part that is not faulty is stupid - actually, no not as stupid as it sounds. I expect dealers actually do this a lot - just with less obvious parts!!

Never mind Pammy, as you haven't a new one for us to fit tomorrow, we will go to Plan B.

We will give your old one a good kicking and you can claim a new SILVER one on Insurance. :D :D :D lol

Lotusmark2:
Trying to decide how big a hammer to use is easy.
1. check spare parts book for price of part.
2. the more expensive the part the smaller the hammer.
3. proceed with repair.

GRILL.gif

This is what I was givern when I asked for an Avantgard Grill :)

pammy said:
......... I have to say it seriously worries me that a mechanic doesn't ask such a simple question.

You found a mechanic that asks questions ? NO, you're having a laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom