Major regret....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HotJambalaya

Car
C63
About 5 years ago I was in LA with my father who said when he was younger he nearly bought a 190 SL, so we looked around and found 2 mint concours level ones for sale. Went and had a look and ummmed and ahhhhed and decided not to bother, I can't remember if they were $30k or £30k, but damn looking at today's prices, and the fact that it really is an utterly timeless beauty, I wish I'd bought it. Now a garage local to me has a stunner in the window, I grabbed my dad and off we raced, and the bloody thing is already sold, again, mint restoration job... Compounds my regret from the first time!

Any major "wish I'd bought it back when..." regrets out there?

Similar but not at that level

We were in Capetown and I loved Karmann Ghia convertibles, We looked at one for sale which back then was probably the same price I paid for a MG metro (yes I had one)

Really wish we brought it back, bright red, rust free very similar to below. OK its not 'that' much now really and a lovely (imho) looking cruiser.

Volkswagen : Karmann Ghia Convertible | eBay

Yes.
But not a car.
Early '90s ummed and arghed over a flat in Butlers Wharf on for £250k overlooking Thames across from Tower of London but to left of Tower Bridge.
Now they go for 6 figures +

Yes.
But not a car.
Early '90s ummed and arghed over a flat in Butlers Wharf on for £250k overlooking Thames across from Tower of London but to left of Tower Bridge.
Now they go for 6 figures +

I did all the leadwork on Butlers Warf. It was around 1988.

They filmed A Fish Called Wanda in the warehouse next door.

£250,000 IS six figures......:D

About 5 years ago I was in LA with my father who said when he was younger he nearly bought a 190 SL, so we looked around and found 2 mint concours level ones for sale. Went and had a look and ummmed and ahhhhed and decided not to bother, I can't remember if they were $30k or £30k, but damn looking at today's prices, and the fact that it really is an utterly timeless beauty, I wish I'd bought it. Now a garage local to me has a stunner in the window, I grabbed my dad and off we raced, and the bloody thing is already sold, again, mint restoration job... Compounds my regret from the first time!

Any major "wish I'd bought it back when..." regrets out there?

Too many to list , but amongst them

The basket case 190SL I walked away from in Glasgow some 30 years ago which was up for £200 ( yes two hundred pounds ) .

Or the Ponton 220S coupe with light front end accident damage which the seller in Dunfermline wanted £300 for back in the early 80's .

The complete W108 280SE 3.5 coupe I saw just arrived in a scrapyard with no apparent damage and was offered for £100

There were bargains galore back in those days .

I do still have my Ponton 219 which I bought for £100 back in 1982 .

Pontoneer said:
Too many to list , but amongst them

The basket case 190SL I walked away from in Glasgow some 30 years ago which was up for £200 ( yes two hundred pounds ) .

Now that is sick!

There's always regrets with property, especially in London!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom