making a complaint!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kingprawn72

:mad: :confused: :(

has anyone got an address of mercedes benz uk where i can make a complaint
about just about everything that has gone wrong with our merc,
i know the managing director's name of mercedes benz uk is Dermot Kelly
and he recently did an inteview for the daily telegraph, http://www.expat.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2005/10/22/mfmerc22.xml

i would like to give him a piece of my mind because comlaining to a dealer gets you nowhere,
we are at or wits end with our car and no one at our dealership is willing to help!

thanks in advance.

Customer Care Manager
DaimlerChrysler Limited
Tongwell
Milton Keynes
MK15 8BA

You should ring M-B UK for the current care manager's name...seems to change every six months. Phone number is in your handbook or their website.

However, they are used to owners complaining. So take a leaf out of my book:

1. Keep calm; never phone-only write.
2. Keep a diary-gets your facts right before you complain.
3. Be professional in presenting your complaint: they get a lot of rude whiners who, frankly, get pushed to the end of the (long) queue.
4. Copy your letters to the dealership principal, if one is involved.
5. Be persistent: get ready to be fobbed off. Only those customers who present a sound complaint get the most out of MBUK.
6. Be reasonable, polite, but firm!

You can phone 00800 1 777 7777

They will open a case file and give you a written reply under MB customer Charter.

If you are still not happy with the outcome, you can contact the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.

I have a problem with water ingress into the boot of a R230 series SL500 that is being sorted at the moment.

I would echo what ddentrec said - glojo will (no doubt) echo his sentiments. You can get a favourable response out of MB UK. I had a load of issues with one of my vehicles which (in the end) the dealer sorted, but it took patience, good humour, and standing firm to get the result I wanted.

Good luck.

Brett said:
I would echo what ddentrec said - glojo will (no doubt) echo his sentiments. You can get a favourable response out of MB UK. I had a load of issues with one of my vehicles which (in the end) the dealer sorted, but it took patience, good humour, and standing firm to get the result I wanted.

Good luck.

:D Totally agree :) By writing we do not usually mean e-mail!!!

Learn from those who have succeeded, and listen to those who have unfortunately not been so successful.

I always found that Mercedes-BenzUK will involve the dealership.

Good luck (again),
John

kingprawn72 said:
:mad: :confused: :(

has anyone got an address of mercedes benz uk where i can make a complaint

At the risk of jaming the forum, dare I ask what model and what problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom