Making a Yaris undertray fit

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Yugguy, Jul 13, 2018 at 11:51 AM.

1. Yugguy

Yugguy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C220CDI Elegance with Comand
    Just had to pay 600 quid on the missus yaris as a stone hit an aircon pipe which in turn killed the compressor. There's no engine undertray on the car and I'd hate for this to happen again.

It's a petrol, and there does not seem to be an undertray for the petrol, but there is for the diesel.

For 35 quid I am minded to take a punt and make it fit, it's the same car after all and I have a lot of self-tapping trim/cover fixings.

What do you guys think?

TOYOTA YARIS MK2 II 1.4 D-4D DIESEL UNDER ENGINE COVER UNDERTRAY (PE) | eBay

2. Doodle

Doodle Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R129, A8 4.2 TDI, Renault Zoe, BMW R100
    It's fairly likely the chassis based pickup points will be there. The diesel will have been specified with undertray for acoustic purposes.

wu56Shoozz, Patagonian and Yugguy like this.
  3. Codger49

Codger49 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W209 CLK500, CLK280; W168 A190; E46 325i
    Agree with Doodle, well worth a punt for £35, it would give a lot of peace of mind.

4. OP
    OP
    Yugguy

Yugguy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C220CDI Elegance with Comand
    Ive ordered it

5. Tigger

Tigger Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Apologies as I only just saw your post but another option is to order a metal one from Steel Engine Sump Guard

I have one on my w211 which is essential if living in London with a stanced car as the standard plastic ones crack easily and then disintegrate during a motorway run.