Making my will on Wednesday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
Mrs bandit has just informed me that she has arranged for a legal eagle to call on wednesday evening to prepare our wills :eek:
I know it makes sense but it's just brought home to me that at 58 even if i live a normal lifespan there's not that long to go :(
why has she arranged this without discussing it :confused:
if i suddenly stop posting in the near future will someone please inform south yorks constabulary that they need to come round and dig up the garden :D

I once did a straw poll amongst friends - utterly unscientific, but we came to the conclusion the interval between deciding that a will was important and necessary and actually doing anything about it was roughly 10 years...

assuming you have sibling and children aswell as your wife i am shocked that you dont have one already as the saying goes you never know what is round the corner!!

this will be my first one, even tho i was married before i never wanted to tempt fate

Mrs bandit has just informed me that she has arranged for a legal eagle to call on wednesday evening to prepare our wills :eek:
I know it makes sense but it's just brought home to me that at 58 even if i live a normal lifespan there's not that long to go :(
if i suddenly stop posting in the near future will someone please inform south yorks constabulary that they need to come round and dig up the garden :D
You wait until they start asking you questions that you had never even dreamed of :devil:

PM on it's way with my full details.:D:bannana:

I know it makes sense but it's just brought home to me that at 58 even if i live a normal lifespan there's not that long to go :D

Spooky is'nt it .

Similar - if you work from (say) age 20 to age 60 ie. 40 years, you only get 480 pay days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 480 pay cheques to sort your whole life out until you die at (say) 85.

Spooky is'nt it .

Similar - if you work from (say) age 20 to age 60 ie. 40 years, you only get 480 pay days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 480 pay cheques to sort your whole life out until you die at (say) 85.

Slightly more if you get paid weekly.................

Do you want a piper at your funeral ? Can you ask your wife what the date will be ? !!!!!!!!

I felt the need to arrange my will last year, so under 30 years old. It made sense as I needed to ensure what I left, should it come to it, went to the right people.

The only part I struggled with was my wishes for my body/funeral, as I really hadn't thought. I think I ended up leaving that out.

We look after a couple of old (59 :) ) people and as they get older they're forever changing their wills. Everytime one of them gets a 'phone call from some far removed relative, she's on to her solictor to get them added, or the bequest altered. She'll have spent all her money on legal fees by the time she pops her clogs!

Last edited:

Sounds like the Norman Stanley Fletcher method of gardening. :D:D:D:D

No will from me! I wouldn't want to deprive my survivors of the sport in sorting it all out once I'm gone, which wont be too long now, if family history is followed....

If your family/close ones fit the natural path of legal entitlement, then no will I figure is fine.

Anyone unmarried, especially with children really needs a will IMO.

Has she just joined EXIT?

You can buy "DIY Will Kits" now at most stationers or online if you have a simple will. However most advice seems to point towards using a solicitor to draw up your will. :thumb: This is a good introduction. http://www.ageconcern.org.uk/AgeConcern/Documents/FS7Making_your_will.pdf ---- N.B. Unless you are involved with trusts and other complicated inheritance tax matters it is unwise to involve your solicitor or his firm as an executor.:eek: Executors are in charge of the disposal of your assets after death although its normal practice to employ a solicitor for its disbursement( often the one you use to draw up your will--they often offer a free safe repository facility for the completed document at the time) However if they are an executor and also administering the estate it has been known for the unscrupulous ones/firms to draw out the settlement process to increase any fees for professional services. Best to avoid any potential clash of interest!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom