Making the jump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam123

Car
2015 BMW M235i
Hi guys,

Currently in a M235i, looking at a 2013 C63 PP, need some more noise in life. Anyone made the same jump ? I got left behind by a C63 estate at a drag event so I know there quick, yet to test drive one but I've got a car in mind that I'll be looking at next weekend. Anything major to look out for ? Also was keyless entry available on these cars at all ?

Thanks

If you have at look at my one and only thread on here - I made the jump last month from a very quick 135i coupe (basically same car as your 235i with the same N55 engine but remapped to around 375bhp) to a 2013 C63.
I'm not knowledgeable enough to advise you on what to look out for but I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. It's a big step up. Although the BMW does have sharper steering - in everything else the C63 is better.
Not sure how much this helps!

If you have at look at my one and only thread on here - I made the jump last month from a very quick 135i coupe (basically same car as your 235i with the same N55 engine but remapped to around 375bhp) to a 2013 C63.
I'm not knowledgeable enough to advise you on what to look out for but I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. It's a big step up. Although the BMW does have sharper steering - in everything else the C63 is better.
Not sure how much this helps!

I'm Also making the jump from a 135i N54. (mapped to 380) .Picking a c63 coupe this weekend hopefully from MB approved used.

The PP is nice, but bear in mind the cost for replacing the brakes. Thats what put me off.

MB approved used are doing a 2 year warranty with AMG range, so i would take full advantage of that deal, a Tier 1 for 1 year warranty is around 2k.

I had to refresh the MB website hourly , they go so quick, and they have also gone up in price since Dec/Jan. I just wanted 19" , Harmon K and Interior lighting pack.

Last edited:
Not an M235i but I moved from a 435i M-Sport in November having previously owned both an E46 and an E92 M3. Like you I wanted a bit more noise (occasion) in my life. It certainly hasn’t disappointed in this respect, I would venture to say even when compared with the V8 M3. Although they are different driving experiences, the M3 (with stock exhaust) can’t hold a candle to the C63 when it comes to the sheer bark, growl and shift popping that the latter delivers.

I wanted a low mileage coupé, preferably with PPP and found a very clean late 2012 model which ticked all the boxes for me. Aside from the obvious checks on general condition, I can’t really advise on specifics to look out for since much, I suspect, will depend on the mileage of the car that you have in mind. Doubtless, others who have been longer-term MB owners will be able to provide a more qualified opinion. Mine didn’t come with a LSD but I am arranging to have this fitted since the general view would seem to be that it is a must-have upgrade. I also don’t have keyless entry (or ignition) but this may have been something that could have been spec’d, I don’t know.

After just under two months of ownership in less than ideal driving conditions, I’m absolutely loving it and am sure that you won’t have any regrets in making the change.

Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like you're all happy you switched. Unfortunately being in Cornwall opportunities to test drive one or shop around st local main dealers is limited. Although a two year warranty does sound very good, yet to thrash the deal out with the one I'm looking st hopefully will get a good warrenty in place. Had set my sights on an M4 but decided to go for something different. Plus the misses loves C63's so that's a win !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom