Makita Cordless Inflator Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JackBerwick

Car
BMW
Hello,
Spotted this at a silly price, I keep getting tempted to buy a Makita Cordless Inflator Pump. Is it any use to you guys that have Makita cordless inflator pump kit?
I would be happy to receive your advice.
DMP180RT1J__85016.1619171976.jpg

I bought something similar for 1/3rd of the price on your link and find it superb for weekly check on the tyres on both cars. Mine's an Avilo product code C192069 20V automatic ccordless inflator purchased from an outfit that often puts their catalogue in with the Saturday or Sunday Telegraph. Also bought one for my SIL/daughter as I was so impressed with it!

I have one. Very handy with quick pressure checks and inflating bike tyres etc. Slow to fill car tyre from zero. But I have not touched my 2hp AC powered air compressor since because I also bought Makita heavy dtw700 Impact wrench for tyre bolts (same battery fits).

I have one. Very handy with quick pressure checks and inflating bike tyres etc. Slow to fill car tyre from zero. But I have not touched my 2hp AC powered air compressor since because I also bought Makita heavy dtw700 Impact wrench for tyre bolts (same battery fits).

It seems a bit excessive if it's only to be used a a bicycle tyre inflator.

I have many thousands of pounds worth of Makita LXT cordless kit which I use for work but still can't see where the market is sorry.

It seems a bit excessive if it's only to be used a a bicycle tyre inflator.
Read betwen lines? I think I mentioned something about car tyre pressure check... which I have done many times during the year when my tyre pressure warning system has alerted, plus I check/fill all tyres twice a year when changing winter/summer tyres. Highly annoying to get heavy ac powered compressor from store, mess with hose and power cord, bare the noise when waiting it build the pressure, then put everything back...

But I got it, you think its waste of money, I deffo love it! :)

Have to admit: I thought same than you few years ago... I think it is the age...

Read betwen lines? I think I mentioned something about car tyre pressure check... which I have done many times during the year when my tyre pressure warning system has alerted, plus I check/fill all tyres twice a year when changing winter/summer tyres. Highly annoying to get heavy ac powered compressor from store, mess with hose and power cord, bare the noise when waiting it build the pressure, then put everything back...

But I got it, you think its waste of money, I deffo love it! :)

Have to admit: I thought same than you few years ago... I think it is the age...

That's good to hear. I use my Conti Mobility inflator to do exactly the same thing but it's quicker, smaller and only cost me £12 from ebay, new and unused. Just 2 different means to the same end.

I saw a brilliant write up for the " Airhawk" inflator in Autocar a couple of years ago, brilliant bit of kit, I have been using it for quite a while now. In fact just last week I bought another to keep in the boot of one of the cars. There was a seller selling them on ebay as virtually new but damaged packing for just £39 instead of the normal £50+ price.

As above lots about for the £30 - £40 mark .

20200925_173326.jpg

8814401_R_Video900.jpeg

As above lots about for the £30 - £40 mark .

View attachment 117182

View attachment 117184
I bought the air hawk purely as it got a rave review from Steve Cropley in Autocar magazine, I am sure there are lots of similar ones but as I have personally used the air hawk I thought i could recommend it but I have no idea how good the others are.
I also use Noco 50 and 70 boost starter packs and found them brilliant, however there are lots of others but some are really not worth buying at all, I think it always helps to here first hand about various things before buying just from a basic advert.

I have gone down this route but with the ryobi brand, absolutely fantastic idea

I can see the market for it. I’ve got loads of dewalt cordless and love it. I’ve got the inflator and use it quite a bit. The previous one I had was mains powered and took forever to inflate anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom