Male Grooming Help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well have a look at this on ebay 162178052027 they are cheap and do the job,I have one ,my scalp it barber from some eastern block country takes care of eyebrows and ears,but I draw the line at him attacking the snozzle

There's got to be a Darwinian reason for lengthening nose hairs as one grows old. As it's a phenomenon related to Denis Healey eyebrows and carrot patch ear hair - there is more to this than meets the eye. It's evolved like this, probably to protect man from attracting menopausal, possibly hairy, women. Also nighttime insects struggle with these wiry obstacles. What's not to like? Real men leave extra hair well alone!

I pick my nose mercilessly on a daily basis. Have always done so. Oh I love to dig out those high up bogies that are suspended right up there. You know the ones that are hidden right up there in the crevices. The crustier the better.
I know I'm not alone in that pursuit.

For that reason, hairs never seem get a chance to grow.

Is that an overshare :dk:

I pick my nose mercilessly on a daily basis. Have always done so. Oh I love to dig out those high up bogies that are suspended right up there. You know the ones that are hidden right up there in the crevices. The crustier the better.
I know I'm not alone in that pursuit.

For that reason, hairs never seem get a chance to grow.

Is that an overshare :dk:

Only when stopped at traffic lights though.

Made me chuckle, very comedic.

I'm only 28 and have only been concerned with nasal hair for about 5 years. I don't know if it's not going to be a long term solution, but personally, I have to pull them. I find the thought of cutting them, leaving the trimmings directly in my air path unsettling - then basically having stubble there instead.

Sometimes there'll be a particularly eye-watering one, but generally you get used to it and maybe get a masochistic kick out of it. Same with ear-hair but without the sick thrill.

Philips one is the ONLY one worth spending your money one and does a great job on hair virtually anywhere!

There's got to be a Darwinian reason for lengthening nose hairs as one grows old.
I have a theory on this...

I postulate that we have a certain amount of hair in our bodies that has to get out. As the male of the species ages, less hair escapes from the scalp than it used to so it has to get out somewhere else - hence the hairy nostrils, ears that look like a home for caterpillars and eyebrows like luxuriant antennae.

Bruce your opening thread just made me lol.
I was lucky no one was near by.
Or i could of been march to our medical department as we are not permitted to have fun at work...Only Joking but yes it was funny..

Thank you all for the great responses. I have decided to go ahead place an order for the one posted by LTD. https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Shaving-Hair-Removal/Groom-Mate-Platinum-Nose-Ear-Hair-Trimmer/B000EBFJXS

I went for this simply as it looks like something LTD made in his garden shed. In purchasing I feel like I am giving something back. It has the appearance of a man's machine A machine where style over function will probably doom it, to a life in the bathroom cabinet. But hey! for £15 what could possibly go wrong?

As to the question about hair growth and age? I really have no answers. It bothers me that at an age, when lots of blokes are losing hair, I am suddenly amassing huge quantities of the stuff. In some places I would be considered a fire hazard.

I have never been, what I would think of, as hirsute. But now I notice that my feet have started to sprout hair. Not to level where I trip over over it, or stand on it, but it is there. In a certain light you may think I am wearing animal slippers.

My back, crack, arms and chest remain bald and rather feminine. If I had longer arms I could stroke myself and imagine being with a woman. Anyway....Enough of that.

I shall await the arrival of LTD's stainless steel creation and then post back on the results. I will probably go for a phased test approach. I was thinking, maybe start on one of the dogs first before moving on to my hooter.

Can I just add at this point that I use a Groom Mate myself and I do not manufacture them !!

Can I just add at this point that I use a Groom Mate myself and I do not manufacture them !!
What other services does your Groom Mate provide, Bruce said he was interested in other areas being attended to also ....

I suppose if the Groom Mate is pushed hard enough it could tidy up one's balloon knot. You would probably not want to trim your nasal hair with it ever again however.

I'd like to point out that my Groom Mate has only ever been used to trim my own nasal hair and nothing else.

I suppose if the Groom Mate is pushed hard enough it could tidy up one's balloon knot. You would probably not want to trim your nasal hair with it ever again however.

I'd like to point out that my Groom Mate has only ever been used to trim my own nasal hair and nothing else.
How thoroughly boring of you

My friendly hairdresser (barber?) Jack does my eyebrows, nose and ears as well as my hair. He uses a lighted splint on the ears which can be somewhat painful but he hasn't set me on fire yet! He also uses a waxed pad to get inside my ears as necessary. Crazy but for £7 plus tip I - OAP rates - think he is brilliant.

Of course you may disagree.......

Update: It turned up today. Less than 24 hours after placing the order (well done Amazon)

In keeping with my male upbringing I had not properly read the sales blurb. So was surprised to find it is an unpowered device. But what a great bit of kit!!

It works. It's painless to use. It's easy to clean and maintain. It's very tactile.

I now no longer look like a cat walking away from you.

Many thanks to LTD for the pointer. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hi Bruce,

I know you've tried devices similar to this - but this is a Panasonic!:rock:

Buy Panasonic ER-GN30-K503 Nose Trimmer at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Nose and ear trimmers, Men's beard trimmers and hair clippers, Health and beauty.

5993026_R_Z001A

Or you could try this one from Philips - lots of good reviews!

Buy Philips NT3160 Nose, Ear and Eyebrow Trimmer Series 3000 at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Nose and ear trimmers, Men's beard trimmers and hair clippers, Health and beauty.

3336984_R_Z001A

I've got the Panasonic one - it's great . Previously had a Remington one .

In keeping with my male upbringing I had not properly read the sales blurb. So was surprised to find it is an unpowered device. But what a great bit of kit!!
My wife bought me one of these a few years ago and like you I was initially disappointed that it wasn't a powered gadget. That disappointment completely disappeared the first time I used it though: it really is a superb bit of kit :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like something you'd use to drill another nostril rather than clear out your existing ones. Is that how it works? Not sure I like the idea. :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom