Malfunction warning...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonboyE63

Car
2012 E63 Wagon
Have got a malfunction warning come up on my 2012 E63.
Pictures a car in yellow with an internal dot - drivers manual offers little assistance so i assume it's something in the cabin.
Have checked internal switches, lights & auto seatbelt tensioners etc & all appears to be ok - however, today i noticed the suspension setting was on sports & i drive in comfort most of the time, i tried switching it back to comfort & guess what....nothing - it's stuck in sport setting.
I'm assuming this is the malfunction - is there a known reset or is it a trip to the local indi for me next week..??
Anyone had the same issue...??
Thanks in advance
Jon

It's a trip to a local indie who will have STAR and can read the fault codes.

You might also want to invest in an iCarsoft MB v2.0, this will read the codes, though you will obviously still need to take the car to the garage to get it fixed.

Disconnect battery.

Worth a try just disconnect the battery and leave for 20 mins and then see if it clears the fault,if not you have lost nothing take it to the indy

Definately a dot - showing in the car....comes up everytime i start the car..
Apologies - i need my eyes testing....it's an arrow - just checked again before disconnecting the battery - also checked the manual again & all things are pointing to an Airmatic issue.....if the battery disconnect doesn't clear it i'll call my indi tomorrow.

@zipdip might be able to advise.

Well it is a shame you do not have a Icarsoft scanner,you would at least have a code to work from,strongly suggest you buy one ,as the car has not dropped it depends on your mind set,you can start the car and push the button to raise the car and see what happens you might get the back going up and not the front or vice versa,that will tell you what end of the car the fault is and that the pump is working,of course nothing might happen,nothing wrong with taking it to a indy that has a star diagnostics,they will at least be able to tell you whats the problem,for what it's worth without a code I do not think it is too serious,as you drive to the indy the cars air system will be working even if it is stuck in sports mode,again the drive might just clear the fault,but still get the stored codes read at the indy,sorry not to be much help but without a code/codes it is near impossible to sort.

Who did you use for the repair Jonny?
I have used Star Tech in Poole since owning the car - they came highly recommended & have been fantastic with all repairs/services etc on the car.
Really nice chaps - very knowledable & very helpful.
Would recomend them as they're local to you as well.

I have used Star Tech in Poole since owning the car - they came highly recommended & have been fantastic with all repairs/services etc on the car.
Really nice chaps - very knowledable & very helpful.
Would recomend them as they're local to you as well.
I have used both Star Tech and Richard Hamilton in Corfe Mullen. Both very good in my experience.
MBS in Southampton looked after my E55 until I sold it.

I have used both Star Tech and Richard Hamilton in Corfe Mullen. Both very good in my experience.
MBS in Southampton looked after my E55 until I sold it.
I was also recommended to Richard Hamilton but i found Star Tech slightly cheaper & more flexable due to size of outfit etc..
Just bought a Cooper D as an occasional daily so they'll be looking after that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom