Mamma Mia the movie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
I know all you big hairy chested Merc drivers have been dragged to the cinema to watch this film by your ladies.

It was filmed where I live in Skiathos, plus a bit from Skopelos (an afternoon out for us in a Mastercraft) and Pelion ( a ski resort 3 hours away!!)

I have lived out her for a year and just seen the film and I would like to know what you REALLY thought.

I thought it was fab.

I was duped into going to the cinema to watch this, then walked out having thoroughly enjoyed it.

The cinema screamed with laughter every time Pierce Brosnan murdered another ABBA classic.

Ive seen the stage show three times, really enjoyed it, but have yet to see the film.

Ive seen the stage show three times, really enjoyed it, but have yet to see the film.

DON'T BOTHER! Utter Drivel afaic.:devil:

Last edited:
Confess I was seriously unimpressed. Beautiful scenery, but what a load of contrived, badly acted, badly sung drivel! To describe it as the 'feel good movie of the year' is imho actionable under the trade descriptions act:devil:

Well I loved it, great music and a great movie, and serious brownie points with the Mrs to boot.

It seems I am in touch with my feminine side after all:devil:

Went with the Mrs....and lost a serious amount of brownie points, apparently, my constant yawning and sighing spoilt it for her! Utter mince!

Have to say it was hilariously bad, but I feel I missed out on the cinema showing, having only relied on the DVD effort.

Can't really see how it's a brilliant film but a Sunday afternoon bit of light relief (ahem) then I guess it's not bad

I'd sooner eat my own hand than watch it.

Clearly it has none of the cinematic sweep of Gladiator, nor as many car chases as Ronin, but I recently watched it at home with the wife and chuckled throughout. :) Not bad at all.

Loved it. Bought the DVD. Is that church on the rocky hill for real?

Thought it was great. Yes bit odd at first. But as it went on it just got better. Scenery did it for me, along with the general atmosphere in the cinema, which was very good.

I also quite liked oddly the fact that they chose actors whose first choice might not be singing, added a bit of humanity to it.

As a hard bitten cynic, I don't like - musicals, Pierce Brosnan, Meryl Streep, wafer thin stories and Abba music. Put it all together and you get one of the best films that I have ever seen. Highly recommended. The village ladies running down the street and dancing on the jetty are great.

A Happy Film in these times of Doom and Gloom.

i thought it was one of the worst films i have seen in ages,will not be an experience i will be repeating:(

That's show business :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom