Mamma Mia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeremytaylor

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280CDI Sport Est., CLK 200k Cab., VW T5 174, Citroen C8, and a 2CV!
Saw this film for the third time this afternoon, and it's still as good as the first time.

If you've seen the stage show and enjoyed it, I would say this is equally as good but in a different way. The film is hugely enjoyable and a wonderful escape from Credit-Crunch UK. Set in Greek Islands with the sand, sea and ... singing. OK, no, Pierce Brosnan can't sing, but Merryl Streep is superb, as is Julie Walters. My 7-year old daughter was singing along to all the songs - she loved it!

I defy anyone with a heart not to enjoy this film, whatever your opinion of Abba songs is!

Apparently there was a discussion on the radio the other day along the lines of 'How do Abba compare to the Beatles?' But maybe that should be another discussion.

Well I went with 2 friends - amazing - people leaping out of aisles & dancing fit 2 bust..!! Never seen that in a cinema b4. :D

Well I went with 2 friends - amazing - people leaping out of aisles & dancing fit 2 bust..!! Never seen that in a cinema b4. :D

You are obviously too young to remember Hard days night or Help!
I came out from both those films with aching feet and ringing in the ears from the screaming girls.

CAROL!!

You got thrown out of the last place you did that in, Well, it was a church...... :bannana: :D :p

Went to see this last night (thanks for the code Robert - did that almost count as a date? :devil: :D )

What's not to like about the film? Good songs, lots of laughs. OK, it 'aint classic cinema but it is fun, fun, fun!

Anybody (especially males) who said no I would urge to reconsider. You'll have a ball :bannana:

'How do Abba compare to the Beatles?'

IIRC, Abba had 2 girls and the Beatles didn't :D

I've booked tickets to see the stage show in London near the end of next month... I hope it's good :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom