Man 8x8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
MAN 8x8 ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE (LHD) | eBay

A question... what sort of MPG will this do? Does anyone know?

Also, I can't figure out if the back tips or not... do you reckon putting a cab on the back would work?

M.

As above,

With the weight, wheels, size I'm purely guessing around 3 / 5 mpg?

Maybe it could tow its own trailer full of fuel.

Would be fun parking it also :)

Space: not on my driveway, but a place near my house rents out campervan, bus and lorry parking spaces... it wouldn't be for long, just long enough to get ready for my next trip...

MPG would be the issue... I'm currently undecided between a converted lorry or a bus with the insides gutted and converted.... I like the idea of a bus, but it may be a little bit low...

Nice 8x8 either way :D

It's a tank transporter tractor unit, under the rear ballast box is likely the 5th wheel trailer coupling.

MPG would be low single figures at best!

Great fun, but the killer is getting a thing like this MOT'd, could cost a LOT of money to do annually, way more complex than a car MOT.

From memory the heavy haulage tractor units we used to have in a previous employer did about 6-7 mpg but that was when fully laden to 150ton. So i would say that with that being all wheel drive with and wide a/t tyres you'd get about the same. From memory i think the mot was about £70 (but could be wrong ) and it may need 6 wkly inspections depending on the use and how its taxed. Tax is also likely to be very expensive. Mechanically will go forever and theres nothing that will stop that and it will go anyway for what its worth.

With vehicles like this its more normal to quote engine hours rather than miles travelled??

Didn't think of that... how much are bus/lorry MOTs annually?
It would likely fall under the classification of 'special vehicle' for which there is no MOT. You are expected to keep the vehicle in MOT equivalent condition for road use though.

MPG will be very low. What are you planning?

Oh and it will be an utter 'money pit'. Lots of maintenance required for vehicles like this.

If I was looking to build for this sort of vehicle I would be looking for a Tatra 813 Kolos

Last edited:
If you have to ask about MPG then you probably can't afford to run it;) There's a reason it's only done 8000 miles, no one else can afford to either :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom