Manchester Arena

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sadly it is almost a standard response among conspiracy theorists.

From the Red Brigades in the seventies, to 9/11, there are always those who claim that it was the government who killed its own people, and not terrorists.

So it's sad that people say these things, but I am not really suprised that it came up yet again.

Yesterday, I was listening to Radio One and was utterly disgusted with the attitude of the Radio One presenters throughout the day. While this is a tragic event, there is no reason for the condescending way the presenters were talking to us, the public, as if we need to be instructed on how to grieve.

Also, when someone targets people in this manner, they lose their humanity and can be considered no more than a mere animal. A crime against so many innocents cannot go unpunished, and there will be a trail of people who knew this was going to happen yet lifted not a single finger to stop it.

A person who knew of this impending attack and did nothing is no better than the person who pressed the button, and I hope that a lot of people are brought to task over this outrage.

I won't offer words of comfort because in this situation there are no words of comfort. I just hope that a section of our community wise up to the fact that they need to stamp out this cancer before it takes root in our society.

Regarding this latest incident , which is truly terrible , please let's don't fight among ourselves over it when I'm sure we all feel the same sense of wrong and horror over it .

The Government has already got us fighting with each other to detract from their doings. :wallbash:

Why I say?:eek: At the risk of sounding insensitive to this tragedy. I am of the opinion it could be a possible false flag, many years ago whistleblower's spoke of these very things but I am not allowed to say that at fear of being persecuted because I don't agree with the norm.

Many of these terrorist appear to have mental health issues and can easily be manipulated by MI5 (like the Birmingham guy carrying axe and baseball bat heading to a demonstration yesterday).

In comparison when we bomb these countries who incidentally live this type of thing daily do we spare a thought for all the people including children who are killed? On the whole if the public were given a choice of how to deal with terrorism I don't think most would want bombing as the answer.

Why I say?:eek: At the risk of sounding insensitive to this tragedy. I am of the opinion it could be a possible false flag, many years ago whistleblower's spoke of these very things but I am not allowed to say that at fear of being persecuted because I don't agree with the norm.

Many of these terrorist appear to have mental health issues and can easily be manipulated by MI5 (like the Birmingham guy carrying axe and baseball bat heading to a demonstration yesterday).

In comparison when we bomb these countries who incidentally live this type of thing daily do we spare a thought for all the people including children who are killed? On the whole if the public were given a choice of how to deal with terrorism I don't think most would want bombing as the answer.

Historically, the claims made against MI5 in that context, were that by 'talking' to would-be terrorists - sometimes putting pressure on vulnerable people to become informants - they have actually achieved the opposite and may have 'pushed' their target into the hands to ISIS to be further radicalised. This was definitely an accusation levelled at MI5 in the case of Mohammed Emwazi (aka 'Jihadi John').

But I do not recall any (credible) claim that our security services perpetrated mass murder of our own civilians.

This is not only illogical (keeping in mind that the people who work there are not aliens... they are people like you and me), it would also be an impossible secret to keep in the age of Wikileaks and others. Just Google David Shayler, Annie Machon, etc, to see what I mean.

Last edited:
"The son of a top Corbyn aide"

and

"Jack Murray — who’s ex-Communist father Andrew is a key strategist to the Labour boss"

The Sun using the deaths of kids to have a dig at Corbyn?

Nick, your level of stupidity is becoming quite legendary. Try reading the social media and see how many of your 'Lefty' buddies have said they believe the bombing is down to the Tories. In these times of great tragedy for those affected one would have thought the left could actually have some compassion and thought rather than to revert to their default 'blame the tories' drone. Sickening and pathetic on an epic scale.

"The son of a top Corbyn aide"

and

"Jack Murray — who’s ex-Communist father Andrew is a key strategist to the Labour boss"

The Sun using the deaths of kids to have a dig at Corbyn?

Quite right, I agree that this was the neither the time nor place for these comments.

It plays on the theme that Corbyn is an appeaser and does not have the stomach to stand-up to terrorists, something that May will no doubt attempt to exploit to her benefit in the days and weeks to come.

But as both parties agreed to suspend the elections campaign, I think that the Sun would have done well to follow suite.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/23/trump-administration-manchester-bomber-name-leak

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/world/europe/manchester-arena-attack-ariana-grande.html?_r=0

quote:-

"A senior United States official said on Tuesday night that Mr. Abedi had traveled multiple times to Libya, where his parents immigrated from, but did not know the timing of his last trip. The official was not authorized to discuss the information publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity."

It would appear that we have to rely on the American media first for information. It's always argued that revealing information to the public hinders the efforts of the security services but it's a convenient way to hide their failures also? :(

Its been reported today that the UK Police did not want this information revealed as it would hinder the investigations ,according to Amber Rudd today, also added that they have told Washington that this type of breach cannot happen again.

Seems its not just trump who blurts things out...

It would appear that we have to rely on the American media first for information. It's always argued that revealing information to the public hinders the efforts of the security services but it's a convenient way to hide their failures also? :(

It's not the first time.

In the past details have been held back from the UK public by UK authorities - but passed on to US authorities who have then divulged them to their own media. Which then means it becomes available very quickly to everyody in the UK as well.

Note to all Please refrain from discussing Politics/politicians on this thread. we have a thread for this.

Anymore will get this thread closed. :thumb:

Security Service failure lead to Manchester bombing attack, says expert - The London Economic

Raffaello Pantucci, director of international security studies at Royal United Services Institute, said the attack was likely to have been carried out by a group known to the security services rather than a lone wolf.
“Long term questions will be asked about what actually happened and what intelligence failures lead to this event, what motive lead to the launch of the attack and who is responsible and what network may have been behind this?"
Building a bomb is a relatively hard thing to do so it implies quite a level of training and a level of experience.

Attachments

• b22012c9660f71d46095901cf9ce3ba7.jpg
    b22012c9660f71d46095901cf9ce3ba7.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 34

Not really relevant, given that the recent attacks in London and Manchester were carried-out by people whose parents migrated to the UK 20 or 30 years ago.

Whatever you may think of immigration, the immediate issue is with the too-easily-radicalised British-born people, not their parents.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom