Manchester Arena

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You have to be pretty sick to consider killing kids to further your cause.

RIP

Supposed to have been taking my youngest and a friend to see AG at the O2 in London on Thursday night.....jeesh!

All those dad's like me sat outside in Costas etc running towards the explosion to find their kids...

Doesn't bear thinking about

Thoughts, but no words

This is an attack on children. Dear God, what is happening when somebody sits down and decides that children are a legitimate target for a bomb?

As a father of teenage daughters, this makes me sick to my core.

All our thoughts to go out the parents the injured and the deceased.

Deeply saddened. Those affected are in my thoughts.

They target kids because when they target soldiers they lose.

tragedy what scumbags

As a Dad to a 11 year old daughter I feel totally numb on hearing this news this morning. My sincere thoughts to everyone in Manchester.

My youngest is 15...

Incidentally, Fusilier Lee Rigby was murdered exactly four years ago, on 22 May 2013.

Can't begin to put anything into words. :(

No words can describe my feelings on hearing about this.

Woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it , as at around 12pm last night , the Media was reporting only one person had died.

Went onto my laptop around 4am last night and seen 19 dead, I actually thought it was a mistake.

I am not particularly religious , but had to say a Prayer for these victims, I hope they have gone to a Heaven or some better place, there must be something to hope for?

Remember Islam is a religion of Peace and tolerance, unless you don't follow it of course.

So ,so Angry at the moment , and find it hard not to go on a mad rant.

It has now gone up to 22 perished , you become scared to look at the reports.

The events of last night are truly awful but let's not forget that our "war on terror" has killed so many civilians that we don't even bother to count them.

And whilst civilians are not specifically targeted, attacks are launched in the knowledge that there will be civilian casualties:

Innocent Afghanistan Civilians Are Caught In the Crossfire by U.S. Forces - CNN iReport

What is really disconcerting is the way we then think we can make it all OK with a pay-off.

What's the going rate for your child killed in one of our rocket attacks ?

"Five grand is the best I can do, mate".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/mar/28/mod-compensation-to-afghans-increases

The actions the last night's suicide bomber are inexcusable but we also need to examine our own collective conscience.

Scott, somehow I really don't think that's the time or place for these comments.

These may be perfectly legitimate views - but not on this day, and not on this thread please.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom