Manchester Arena

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You're now sounding more pompous than usual.

Much better that than issuing the rather impolite stream of descriptive profanity that I think you actually deserved this morning.

For all the people saying what about the bombings our and other Governments help participate in that kill innocent children in far flung countries well what can I do about it please?

Have a peace march? That will really help sway our government to take notice of what the people want-just like they have respected the electorate view of Brexit ?

I personally haven't spoke to anyone who was enthusiastic about going to the last Iraq wars , watching our solders come back limbless on a daily bases through being blown up, by IED's, the media only reports on the deaths not the amount that were getting blown up.

I have a friend who was sent to Ireland at 18 who is an alcoholic now because of the PSTD he suffered , when he witnessed his mate blow up, do you think he wanted to be sent there ?
He was petrified, along with all the others at that age, but Our Government chooses to send them ,not based on what the voting people want ,but what they want.

It's about money and controlling natural resources, it's nothing to do with me , I cannot stop the greed of our Governments or their policies, and I am sure those teenagers who were murdered could not either, regardless of our or their views.

The media will always be censored on what it does not wish us to be privy to , history taught and written will brush war crimes and the like under the carpet ,to suit the place its being taught and teach our children what they want them to know-how is it their fault?

The people who on one minute decry the brutality of the west for killing their children ,are the same ones who will use Mosques /Temples /Hospitals as places of refuge , will happily brainwash children to deliver bombs and hide behind their Mothers and kids as human shields ,with no conscience at all.

Surely there is a large difference between killing innocents because of collateral damage , compared to actually targeting them?

Or is that just me?

For all the people saying what about the bombings our and other Governments help participate in that kill innocent children in far flung countries well what can I do about it please?

Have a peace march? That will really help sway our government to take notice of what the people want-just like they have respected the electorate view of Brexit ?

I personally haven't spoke to anyone who was enthusiastic about going to the last Iraq wars , watching our solders come back limbless on a daily bases through being blown up, by IED's, the media only reports on the deaths not the amount that were getting blown up.

I have a friend who was sent to Ireland at 18 who is an alcoholic now because of the PSTD he suffered , when he witnessed his mate blow up, do you think he wanted to be sent there ?
He was petrified, along with all the others at that age, but Our Government chooses to send them ,not based on what the voting people want ,but what they want.

It's about money and controlling natural resources, it's nothing to do with me , I cannot stop the greed of our Governments or their policies, and I am sure those teenagers who were murdered could not either, regardless of our or their views.

The media will always be censored on what it does not wish us to be privy to , history taught and written will brush war crimes and the like under the carpet ,to suit the place its being taught and teach our children what they want them to know-how is it their fault?

The people who on one minute decry the brutality of the west for killing their children ,are the same ones who will use Mosques /Temples /Hospitals as places of refuge , will happily brainwash children to deliver bombs and hide behind their Mothers and kids as human shields ,with no conscience at all.

Surely there is a large difference between killing innocents because of collateral damage , compared to actually targeting them?

Or is that just me?

When your friend joined up what did he think his job may have entailed?

He was sent to Northern Ireland because that was his job...did he not imagine that could have been part of his job?

'Islamic State' have confirmed they carried out the attack

He was sent to Northern Ireland because that was his job...did he not imagine that could have been part of his job?

He joined more because his career prospects were pretty bleak .

Nobody not even Army themselves knew how bad Ireland was going to be .
It was a largely new era in guerrilla warfare which defied normal operation procedure.

It wasn't just Naive teenagers getting thrown in a the deep end , it was the very leaders themselves.

It was the start of a new form of warfare- Terrorism which unfortunately it seems , will never go away.

So no , I expect he thought he might be shot at ,but not get blown up walking down civvy street.

I am sure Lee Rigby didn't think he would be cut down walking home down civvy street either or was that part of his job also ?

As a former journalist I am disappointed, to put it mildly, at some aspects of the coverage of tho appalling event. It serves no purpose to interview mothers with daughters who were at the event - and who have yet to hear from them, and fear the worst.

It will be defended on the grounds that these tearful appeals may prompt those missing to get in touch. This is specious. The journalists are taking advantage of the desperation of mothers who are in no fit mental state to decide anything, let alone whether to appear on national television.

This is unpleasant journalistic voyeurism. I am especially disappointed that the BBC, which professes to hold itself to a higher standard, is among the perpetrators.

Further proof journalists are the lowest of the low. Nothing gets in the way of a good story.

Police are appealing for anyone with dashcam footage from last night from anywhere near the city centre.

Please upload it here: https://ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk/

Even if you don't think it's relevant or don't think anything of interest is in the footage. They may be trying to track the movements of a vehicle, etc.

"Salman Abedi, a British man of Libyan origin, carried out Monday's suicide-bomb attack in Manchester"

I appreciate you are only quoting the article, but dunno how someone who is born in Manchester can be of "Libyan origin". Libyan ethnicity sure, but if its reported accurately, he's first generation British.

A guy brought up in the city, only 5-6 years older than many of the kids at the concert, hard (for me at least) to imagine the perverted thought process that leads to this.

Last edited:
Let us all show support for those in this time of horror.

Let us all wait for the most important voices to be heard.

The Islamist clerics and their communities who should denounce these actions as a threat towards their "religion of peace" and undertake to drive the extremists from our land.

I'm not holding my breath on that one LTD.

LTD said:
The Islamist clerics and their communities who should denounce these actions as a threat towards their "religion of peace" and undertake to drive the extremists from our land.
I said these words on this very forum just after the Paris bombing. Not many people showed their support.

I'm proud to be a born and bred Mancunian. It's been a difficult day here today with more to come during the aftermath.

To the despicable scum that did this i say this. We are Mancunian and we will NEVER run away, we will NEVER hide.

Thoughts with the families.

I rather think that , at 18 , most lads who join the army don't think that deeply ( they are little more than children ) and don't have the life experience to think it further through .

Such young men are chosen as 'cannon fodder' because they mostly don't have dependants .

Regarding this latest incident , which is truly terrible , please let's don't fight among ourselves over it when I'm sure we all feel the same sense of wrong and horror over it .

However , depending how she handles it , this could fall into the lap of Theresa May and be the making or breaking of her - just as The Falklands was for Maggie Thatcher .

I'm proud to be a born and bred Mancunian. It's been a difficult day here today with more to come during the aftermath.

To the despicable scum that did this i say this. We are Mancunian and we will NEVER run away, we will NEVER hide.

Thoughts with the families.

I 2nd that from a another born and bred Manc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom