Manchester Police Chief does 104mph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJH

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180k for Wifey, SEAT Leon TSi
BBC News item
And was he banned ? ......NO

In a statement he said: "On the day in question, the driving and road conditions were good, and I was part of a group of around 15 cars all doing around the same speed.

I must remember that one myself !

Last edited:
PJH said:
BBC News item
And was he banned ? ......NO

In a statement he said: "On the day in question, the driving and road conditions were good, and I was part of a group of around 15 cars all doing around the same speed.

I must remember that one myself !

So I guess that means he is representitive of the rest of the population?

:rolleyes:

Outrageous double standards :crazy: :eek: :mad:

:devil: One rule for them, another for us :devil:

I thought over 100 meant automatic disqualification.

Now that is good! Wounder how many others could have made that amazing statement! maybe 14 others :eek:

C240Sport97 said:
Outrageous double standards :crazy: :eek: :mad:

:devil: One rule for them, another for us :devil:

I thought over 100 meant automatic disqualification.

The only person guilty of double standards here is you!!

lol

100 doesn't mean disqual, it just means the magistrate has to consider it as a serious option - otherwise there would have to ber aggrivating factors to the speed.

"Zero tollerance" is popular until folks realise it applies to them as well!!!

:bannana:

Flip said:
The only person guilty of double standards here is you!!

lol

100 doesn't mean disqual, it just means the magistrate has to consider it as a serious option - otherwise there would have to ber aggrivating factors to the speed.

"Zero tollerance" is popular until folks realise it applies to them as well!!!

Why is it aggrivated if there 15 of you?
what do you say sorry your honour but just couldn't be laeft behind when 14 people came past at over 100mph. True what you say that its not a definit ban but you know if your caught at over 100mph its pretty much certain your heading for a ban even if it's a small one. I dont really get annoyed about things like speeding police because if i were a policeman, on the motorway in a police car would drive 120mph flashing people over.

Plus I openly say i'm never ever in favour of zero tolorence on motorway because I believe there should be no speed limit on the motorway. Unless there is fog or possible rain.

I think though the problem is with me and half the other country out there, is that the police come down so hard on people speeding even on an empty motorway, get them to sort out an harden criminal oh all of a sudden there not so mouthy. Plus when a bad crime happenes they dont even have the time to try to deal with, but then there's nothing more relaxing than sitting on a motorway bridge pointing a radar at someones bumper. Well then you have the fun of giving chase as well. Beats the hell out of getting a hard criminal smash your face in with a baseball bat

Next time I'm caught doing 100 mph+ I will quote the case as a "Precedent". :rock: :rock:

Brian WH said:
Next time I'm caught doing 100 mph+ I will quote the case as a "Precedent". :rock: :rock:
Next time your caught doing 100+, why how many times you been caught over 100+ ;)

mercedes lover said:
I think though the problem is with me and half the other country out there, is that the police come down so hard on people speeding even on an empty motorway, get them to sort out an harden criminal oh all of a sudden there not so mouthy. Plus when a bad crime happenes they dont even have the time to try to deal with, but then there's nothing more relaxing than sitting on a motorway bridge pointing a radar at someones bumper. Well then you have the fun of giving chase as well. Beats the hell out of getting a hard criminal smash your face in with a baseball bat

I think you are having difficulty separating the Govt spin from reality - if the only offence you commit is speeding, then it seems no bad thing that you are concerned that you might get caught. Traffic Policing is getting less and less funding, but the Govt push for more cameras and publicity, to compensate.

Truth is, more money is being put into real crime - ask any TRAFFIC Cop, and they will tell you they'd much rather catch a burglary than give Joe Average a speeding ticket.

I have to say though, you don't have to go to many fatal collisions before you see good sense in prevention work - which includes speed enforcement.

Maybe you could go speak to a Traffic Cop (most are petrol heads) and see what they have to say?

Either way 100+ on the motorway is too much. The guy can expect to get disciplined as well as the prosecution.

Flip said:
I think you are having difficulty separating the Govt spin from reality - if the only offence you commit is speeding, then it seems no bad thing that you are concerned that you might get caught. Traffic Policing is getting less and less funding, but the Govt push for more cameras and publicity, to compensate.

Truth is, more money is being put into real crime - ask any TRAFFIC Cop, and they will tell you they'd much rather catch a burglary than give Joe Average a speeding ticket.

I have to say though, you don't have to go to many fatal collisions before you see good sense in prevention work - which includes speed enforcement.

Maybe you could go speak to a Traffic Cop (most are petrol heads) and see what they have to say?

Either way 100+ on the motorway is too much. The guy can expect to get disciplined as well as the prosecution.

I wouldn't bother speaking to traffic police, watched plenty of programmes where you here there rubbish spilled out. My grandma got burgled whilst in her house, 2 police went to the scene, well you couldn't find 2 bigger wet fish to send. I'v spoken to lots of police the older ones, yeah alot are good, the younger guys a complete joke!

Speaking as somebody who happened to get smacked up the rear on the M25 a couple of years ago, unfortunately by somebody who turned out to be a hardened criminal (how much bad luck was that?!!) I have nothing but praise for the traffic police who dealt with the incident, and the person in question.

How does their age come into it ? Yes, you can speak from personal experience, but I'd be careful about making sweeping generalisations !

S.

I've done a whole shift with MBclub member Dave Elcome from Rollcall at 6 am to shifts end. We did the M20, M25, and M26 .....all the nice quiet roads!I'd say a hard job done fairly. Seeing the results of crashes is bound to dampen ones sense of humour sometimes but they were more than fair with some of the drivers we saw!!

mercedes lover said:
I wouldn't bother speaking to traffic police, watched plenty of programmes where you here there rubbish spilled out. My grandma got burgled whilst in her house, 2 police went to the scene, well you couldn't find 2 bigger wet fish to send. I'v spoken to lots of police the older ones, yeah alot are good, the younger guys a complete joke!

It's unfortunate that your grandma had a bad experience - did you complain? and if so, did anyone take the time to explain what investigation was being done? :(

You've watched lots of TV programmes? Hey! Well done. Great source of evidence! :crazy:

As for the young/old split..... :D You're a funny guy.

PJH said:
I was part of a group of around 15 cars all doing around the same speed. [/I]

Could that be classed as street racing? or a convoy? Are both not illegal too?

Well until things change and I see a different approch to crime. I'll keep my view on the police how it is, and no the young and old is no joke its true, you cant see they have a different approach the younger and older police. Most older police want to deal with criminals properly, then your younger guy usually starts talking about your bloody civial liberties and all that rubbish. Criminals dont have rights.

It's not just my grandma's case I go by I can think of a hole string of events to judge police by how they delt with them. Someone driving through my parents wall at 2 in the morning, police useless. Someone crashing into my Mums mercedes with fake insurence documents, again useles. I live in london and high percentage of people I know have been a victim of crime in the last 2 years, and have found the police useles, that they all felt they may as well not have bothered calling them.

Anyway i'm going to leave it know and go back to cars. Just feel extreamly strong on these points as I dont feel my family is safe at all anymore.

In the real world however, those who hae been on the new toll road past Birmingham will know that 104mph is easily achievable and safe too due to the lack of traffic, smooth straight road and wide lanes.

Personally I dont think that appropriate speed kills, its the inappropriate speed that needs addressing.

What is more dangerous?

40 MPH outside a school at 15:30

or

130 MPH on the M3 at 03:30

Automatic ban at 100?? Who here truely believes that this is a well thought out law?

Sp!ke said:
Personally I dont think that appropriate speed kills, its the inappropriate speed that needs addressing.

What is more dangerous?

40 MPH outside a school at 15:30

or

130 MPH on the M3 at 03:30

Automatic ban at 100?? Who here truely believes that this is a well thought out law?

Absolutely right!

Except there is no law that bans over 100mph (see above!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom