Manheim Auctions in Coventry - anyone tried it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Google Maps

Does anyone know exactly what happens at Manheim Auctions near Coventry airport? The sign outside side auctions every Wednesday and Saturday, yet there are no details of this site on their website.

Manheim Remarketing - Locations

Just curious.

Has anyone bought a car from an auction? Worth the effort or more hassle than most people realise?

Thanks.

I did. The BMW, at BCA Derby

I went to buy a Volvo, but it was up virtually as soon as I got there. I did bid, but it soon shot past my top bid (by one one though).

I was obviously spotted as a newbie, but they did look after me I thought. Hopefully I was not bid off the wall.

Buyers premium was much ouch. I know have a trader who I know who has offered to buy on my behalf with his trade account. Other fee's were punted all over the place!

I'd go again as I feel I got a good car at a good price - in fact it's time to sell the BMW and do the next one.

ETA only hassle was having cash. Next time use Debit Card, and getting out of the car park.

Tax was dealt with by booking car for an MOT (it did have one, but nothing to stop you booking another!), very close to home. Insurance was done over the phone there and then.

Thanks David. How's the 520d been and why are you moving it On?

The plan was always to move on, and gradually trade up. Unfortunately I like the car too much... It's comfortable, quick enough, quiet etc.

But I'm putting too many miles on it, so it's time to sell.

Manheim Coventry has not been open for at least a year , You could try West Oxfordshire Motor Auctions at Witney or BCA Measham perhaps.

Manheim Coventry has not been open for at least a year , You could try West Oxfordshire Motor Auctions at Witney or BCA Measham perhaps.

I see cars on lorries enter and leave there regularly. A phone call should quickly solve this.

Manheim Auctions Coventry is not open to the general public. It is a storage site for some Manheim customers and manufacturer closed sales.

We do however have sites at Birmingham and Bruntingthorpe in Leicestershire in addition to other sites around the country.

Many non-trade customers use auction centres to buy vehicles and if you are new to buying at auction then please feel free to read our top tips guide at Manheim Remarketing - Buying - Public Buying Guide

Alternatively come along to any of the auction centres on a sale day, tell the receptionist that you are new to auction and they will talk you through the process, fees involved and what to do at auction. We always recommend you visit at least once to get a feel for how an auction works before looking to buy.

I hope that helps you.

Regards

Andy Cullwick
Manheim

Will if you want to buy a car at auction, my brother is normally at Measham Tuesdays, Nottingham Fridays...

Occasionally Derby or Bruntingthorpe Wednesdays... The rest we visit online.

He would be happy to show you around.

Thanks Jay. It's just a consideration at this stage. I'll give you a call if I'd like to take it any further. Cheers.

Currently I'm quite interested in a diesel Honda Civic. In the showroom £6k seems to buy a 2006/7 80-100k example. Online Glass guide suggests:

Retail: £5,005
Private Good: £3,775
Private Average: £3,075
Private Poor: £2,375
Part Exchange: £3,495
Trade: £3,173

So even with auction buyer fees ~£500 there seems to be £2k to be saved if buying through an auction. I appreciate there are minor repairs and warranty considerations, but 33% seems worth the risk to me.

Note that cars such as Civics are very popular and tend to fetch more than Glass's trade... Ive been trying to buy one for our valeter for ages now and all the clean ones fetch at least 20% over book and thats cars that need preparation and bits of paintwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom