Manifold gasket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Hi,

The mechanic took the manifold off today to cure an annoying blow.

I need to get a new gasket; i always try to use MB parts, but they dont have in stock and need to order. Should be here by Friday, but they often say that and it ends up being two weeks....

But KMS in Birmingham (like euro parts or GSF) have in stock for delivery tom, is it ok to use these non genuine parts??

Thanks

Jay

sorry forgot to say, this is for my 123-200, so not a modern power plant!

Thanks

Jay

An exhaust gasket is an exhaust gasket.
Most of the gaskets you buy in stealerships are made by a few companies.
IE: Timax, Bosal, Payen etc.(but repackaged in MB bags).
I got an inlet manifold gasket for my 928S from porsche. When i looked at it, it was made by Payen.
Difference; nothing but the cost. £20 cheaper from Payen direct.
If it was something like a steering rack or wheel cylinder, then I would say go OEM, but in this instance, my opinion is go for the KMS option.;)

Thanks a lot mate, thats what the mechanic reckons too, but then if he had his way, he'd make one up from gasket paper, hes used to working on fords and vauxhalls i think!....

Thanks

Jay

Originally posted by jaymanek
Thanks a lot mate, thats what the mechanic reckons too, but then if he had his way, he'd make one up from gasket paper, hes used to working on fords and vauxhalls i think!....

Thanks

Jay

I take it you WERE talking about an exhaust gasket, as you mentioned "an annoying blow".
If your mechanic were to make one out of gasket paper, this would last less than 5 minutes !!!:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom