manky calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scruffy

Car
W209 CLK 320
any tips on how to clean up grotty looking calipers i.e is paint ok, if so, any specific types/preperation.

Never did understand why MB don't provide better corrosion protection for wheel stations when they are so visible through expensive alloys.

Alloy internals are pretty filthy to and looks baked on, assume this is just soap/water and elbow grease?

Any advice gratefully received
thanks

I hope so but if baked on then could be etche.stained there permanently with heat melting/baking dust on to the metal/alloy.

Hw often do you clean/wash ur alloys and when you do so do u stick the spongen through the gap between the spokes so it reaches inside, or dohave you just alowed the brake dust to accummlate on the inside of the rim?

I'm afraid I don't know much about the caliper paint issue but heat restaiant paint is available to do this.

I hope that it does wash of easily with soapy water.

Good luck

Flash

only just got this car so will try the soapy water route over the weekend and see if it comes off.

thanks

You need to take the wheels off and scrub the backs with a brush and some car wash soap. A loo brush works well as you can get into the casting parts.

clean the callipers with brake cleaner and then scrub with a pan scrubber or wire wool.

Make sure you wax the backs of your wheels. This should give your neibours a good laugh if nothing else. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom