Mann filters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim55

Car
c220 cdi
Are mann oil filters any good , im gona change the oil in my c class (w204 220 cdi 2008) and euro reccomended these , should i just go to dealer and get the mb one , any idea how much itl b

The decision whether to buy original MB parts or not is entirely down to you, but if you do decide to go for non-original parts then MANN are among the best - in fact some of the original MB filters I bought in the past wer made by MANN anyway.

Also, I would have no hesitation in buying after-market filters from any of the following manufacturers:

MANN
Mahle or Knecht
Bosch

I'd happily use a MANN or any of the others already mentioned. I'd add to the list WIX which is another top brand filter.

And Hengst

From what I remember the one to avoid is Crosland since they were sold off. I think ECP bought them and use the name but they have no bearing to the original company and are now cheap and poor quality

Crosland used to be a good filter when they were made by Sogefi , who also made/still make Fram , Cooper and other OEM quality filters. My understanding is that they sold the Crosland trademark only to ECP around 5 or 6 years ago , and no longer produce the product. No idea where they are made now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom