MANN filters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
Bought new MANN filters for my car which I will replace on my next service.

1x fuel filter made in South Africa
2x air filters made in West Germany
1x pollen filter Frecious Plus - Their new line of pollen filter, made in Czech republic

MANN seem to have manufacturing plants all over the world?
Should I expect the same manufacturing quality on filters made in South Africa as if they were made in West Germany?

OE MB air filters which is MANN bought from the dealership stamped witth AMG logo, do these filters differ anything compared to OEM aftermarket filters?

Me don't really like parts not made in their original home countries!

Noogie, the days of OEM stuff being made at home are long gone. I too would like to see stuff built in the home countries but most do not even bother to build their cars in the home country. MB even build new AMG C63's in South Africa, Ford Transits from Turkey , Honda's from Swindon (not for long) BMW even build their Roll Royces in England ! ...Whatever next ?

All major automotive manufacturers have plants all over the world. Not a cause for concern.

The MB-branded filters will also have the manufacturer's own part number stamped on them. So if you buy that part number directly from the manufacturer, it will be identical.

That said, nothing wrong with Mann filters (even if the original filters in your car were made by someone else). On my previous W203, both the original air filter and fuel filter were made by Mann BTW.

All major automotive manufacturers have plants all over the world. Not a cause for concern.

The MB-branded filters will also have the manufacturer's own part number stamped on them. So if you buy that part number directly from the manufacturer, it will be identical.

That said, nothing wrong with Mann filters (even if the original filters in your car were made by someone else). On my previous W203, both the original air filter and fuel filter were made by Mann BTW.

The air filter parts number is C34104 which is stamped on OE filters from Mercedes with the AMG logo next to it
So I pay royalties for the AMG logo to Hans Werner Aufrecht?

Performance wise is there any difference between air filters MANN OE versus MANN OEM, but the price is?
Replacement interval is 40,000 km on OE filters, must be the same replacement interval on OEM too?

Bought my filters from Autodoc in Germany, they offer 27% discount from time to time.

How old is the filter made in west Germany?

West Germany was a long time ago when the cold war was around the corner. ;)

I had both air filters replaced back in 2017, however I haven't covered 40,000km's to have them replaced yet.

I will buy any quality brand filter because that what MB will do when they review there supplier contracts.

The air filter parts number is C34104 which is stamped on OE filters from Mercedes with the AMG logo next to it
So I pay royalties for the AMG logo to Hans Werner Aufrecht?

Performance wise is there any difference between air filters MANN OE versus MANN OEM, but the price is?
Replacement interval is 40,000 km on OE filters, must be the same replacement interval on OEM too?

Bought my filters from Autodoc in Germany, they offer 27% discount from time to time.

No difference whatsoever between MB-branded filter and OE filter if the manufacturer's part numbers on both filters are identical.

With regards the markup... yes, some of it is for the logo as you say, but some of it goes towards the warranty - typically, MB-branded parts will have longer warranties than OE (I think that the MB parts warranty is 2 years). Might not make much of a difference on a filter, but I mention it just to be fair to MB. And now with that out of the way, may the mud slinging continue... :D

Been in stock for the past 30 years.....?

Ha ha, it was only a joke.
Air filters are not branded made in West Germany, only made in Germany.

Eu regulations say it's 3 year of warranty claim on every consumer product if I'm not mistaken?

Noogie, the days of OEM stuff being made at home are long gone. I too would like to see stuff built in the home countries but most do not even bother to build their cars in the home country. MB even build new AMG C63's in South Africa, Ford Transits from Turkey , Honda's from Swindon (not for long) BMW even build their Roll Royces in England ! ...Whatever next ?

It's all about the location and financial economics where to manufacture at lowest cost and where to sell the product.

Not familiar with that one?

Thought EU set the 3 year from purchase date warranty claim on all products as a standard for all member countries?
Maybe it's not?

Thought EU set the 3 year purchase date warranty claims as a standard for all member countries?

No idea. Never heard of it. Which doesn't mean it's not true...

In the UK we have 1 year statuary warranty under the Consumer Protection Act, with the 6 months 'watershed'.

In the UK we have 1 year statuary warranty under the Consumer Protection Act, with the 6 months 'watershed'.

Does that apply to garden gnomes, or are they classed as chavtat rather than statues?

Isn't predictive text wonderful...:D

Statutory, rather.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom