manual box on M113

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nb_racing

Car
Golf TDi 170 commuter daily hack.
Hi all,

In theory, can you bolt a manual box, from say a 170 SLK320 (112 engine), onto a 113 V8?
The 112 and 113 are essentailly the same. So does anyone know for sure if the bolt pattern is the same?

Also, if a 113 from a 210 E55 was used as a donor engine in a project, can you run it on the standard ecu without the autobox interfacing with it on the CAN bus?

Cheers.

The manual 6 speed from the m112 fits the m113 perfectly, I've done it. Clutch, flywheel, crossmember ect all bolts on.

The e55 ecu does throw a wobbler without the auto gearbox though, it will start but run in limp mode.

The manual 6 speed from the m112 fits the m113 perfectly, I've done it. Clutch, flywheel, crossmember ect all bolts on.

The e55 ecu does throw a wobbler without the auto gearbox though, it will start but run in limp mode.

Great info thanks!

I want to drop an m113 v8 into an ac cobra but a manual box is a must have. I'm guessing this can be done?

Did you have to bridge the inhibitor switch to start the car?

I want to drop an m113 v8 into an ac cobra but a manual box is a must have. I'm guessing this can be done?

Can be done. What box do you have in mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom