Manual Conversion for C32 ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robbs

Hello chaps, I've been away from the car scene for 3 years now due to family etc, now wanting to get back into drifting (just for fun) and will be getting a car in the next couple of months, been stuggling to decide on a car but really fancy a Merc C32 AMG, these are only available with AT boxes but C320's and C240's which are available with Manual gearboxes have the same engine code (M112) as the C32, does that mean that the manual box will fit the C32 ? if so that is the absolute clincher I will get one, unless anyone knows of a reason why it cant be done ?

cheers

It fit's perfectly, but the c32 ecu goes into limp mode without the auto box.

can it be tricked or is there a way to resolve that ? are there any aftermarket ecu's available ?

Last edited:
can it be tricked or is there a way to resolve that ? are there any aftermarket ecu's available ?

There is no way to trick the ecu permanently, and if you use an aftermarket ecu alot of the cars functions no longer work.

You can however get the map from the c32 burned into the 240 manual ecu, then code that ecu to work with the das setup in your car.

Will the C320/C240 gearboxes handle the extra power from the C32 AMG engine?

as long as main functions still worked I'm not too bothered by gadgetry, what type of things things would I forefit ?

for now I just want to know its possible and isn't going to cost something daft like £7k, £2-3k max and thats Ok for me.

Will the C320/C240 gearboxes handle the extra power from the C32 AMG engine?

The gearbox can handle the power easily, though the clutch will have a shorter lifespan.

as long as main functions still worked I'm not too bothered by gadgetry, what type of things things would I forefit ?

for now I just want to know its possible and isn't going to cost something daft like £7k, £2-3k max and thats Ok for me.

You would need an aftermarket ecu that can run a drive by wire throttle system, those are not cheap. 2k for a decent ecu, another 2k on setting up and mapping.

As to what stops working without the factory ecu, I couldn't say for sure.

Depends what ECU the car has some you can fool some you can't for the ones you can't just use another ECU pull all the maps off the first one and then you can change what you want with no errors you just need a really good mapper that knows what he is doing

SC M112 with T56 6 speed manual trans and conversion kit I designed and developed for those interested. I can post more pics of the full kit and conversion.

ECU will be a MoTeC M600

Last edited:
As promised, A few more pics of the development and set up

Attachments

• AMG1.jpg
    AMG1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 28
  • AMG2.jpg
    AMG2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 28
  • AMG3.jpg
    AMG3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 30
Additional, however I have run out of upload capacity and there are another 6 shots in the sequence.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Nice! What's the spec of the clutch?

I went with this set up as I am using the original MB bell housing off the SpeedShift auto along with its auto flex plate, as you can see its a great match up along with the specially turned flywheel.

This twin plate clutch is manufactured here in Australia but available globally including the UK from

Super Clutch: superclutch.com

These are the specs off Torque Clamps Australian web site

Features
Hardened Aluminium angular drive legs for exact concentricity and low M.O.I with Positive Power Drive located for extreme strength, making clutch and flywheel as one. See more features in this short video.
There is nothing in this clutch that is not critical to its operation. Watch this video to see why.

Clutch Material
Track - Cerametalic in single or twin plate
Street - Organic in single or twin plate

Torque Rating
Torque Clamp 700 - up to 700 Lbs Ft
Torque Clamp 900 - up to 900 Lbs Ft
Flywheel Requirements

Based on application, steel or aluminium.Kits are also available, contact us for more info.

Parts & Servicing
All Torque Clamp parts are available as spares.

A video of the clutch in action for those interested.

Torque Clamp - Gallery

P.S. I am not connected in any way or have any financial interest in the product or company, the manual conversion set up however is my proprietary and is the only one I am aware of that exists or has been attempted.

Cheers

John

As I couldn't upload the entire photo set, I created a flickr album. For those interested, pics of the discussed project motor with T56 6 speed manual conversion kit I developed at the following

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134020799@N04/albums

Cheers

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom