Manual gearbox sales double in the us

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I imagine their fuel price has hit a record 3p per litre so they are up in arms about it...

I know quite a few Americans through work, most of the older generation either never learnt to "drive stick" or can't be bothered, the younger ones seem more inclined to buy a Kia rather than a Crown Vic and are happy with a manual.

Cheers,

Gaz

About time the lazy sod's learnt to drive properly, Auto's work of the devil for lazy people who can't drive :eek: (medical reasons excepted)

Personally speaking, I much prefer manuals and can't understand the MB trend to phase them out in Europe for all but the lowest powered saloon models. I can't undertand the decision from a marketing perspective since the w204 design is clearly aimed at increasing appeal to younger drivers and it seems bizarre that on the C class there will be a better manual option in the US than here. Ho hum ...

About time the lazy sod's learnt to drive properly, Auto's work of the devil for lazy people who can't drive :eek: (medical reasons excepted)

Hmmmm , it was Setright who once said " Some of the power , all of the time is better than all of the power , some of the time " .

Besides , I feel more in control of my car with both hands able to stay on the wheel most of the time and not fumbling for some stick at critical moments . Moreover , having two pedals which correspond to two feet , which can on occasion be used simultaneously to advantage , is better than juggling three pedals between two feet , especially when one is a next to useless fudge device which only covers up most people's shortcomings at matching gears to revs and is really needed only for moving off from rest .

The tragedy is that few automatic drivers know how to exploit them to full advantage .

Now , a manual Mercedes with foot operated parking brake - that really is the work of the devil :)
16IMG_3257.jpg

Last edited:
Moreover , having two pedals which correspond to two feet , which can on occasion be used simultaneously to advantage , is better than juggling three pedals between two feet , especially when one is a next to useless fudge device which only covers up most people's shortcomings at matching gears to revs and is really needed only for moving off from rest .

The tragedy is that few automatic drivers know how to exploit them to full advantage .
:)

Could not have put it better! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom