Manually removing the CD Changer Cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercman1969

For whatever reason the CD Cassette will not eject from the unit
When looking inside it appears one of the disc trays has not withdrawn itself back into the cassette and hence it will not eject from the unit

thought to myself....easy this...remoce 4 screws and lift cover off

WRONG.....cover is made from 1 single piece and i cannot work out how to remove it

Anybody any ideas

Anybody have any knowledge of removing the cd changer cover to free a jammed cassette?

You can take it apart but it is difficult to put it back together

You can not only take it out, but if you are methodical it is also relatively easy to take apart and put back together again ( IMHO ). However these units are a nightmare and even if you take it apart and everything seems to be OK there's no guarantee it will work. My unit takes each CD in and out in turn and then the head unit says "no CD 1-6". Everything seems to be OK, fibre optics etc but no joy .

I have the unit out of the car...easy

I have also removed all the screws from both sides thinking the lid will simply lift off revealing the inner workings.......

WRONG...the cover appears to be a 1 piece construction and i simply cannot see how to remove it

Hi mercman1969.......have you had any luck yet? Would be curious to know.
Keith

There is a company on eBay advertising to refurbish these for around £55 + postage with guarantee.

Press the eject button and jab the cassette vicously with your fingers and it will come out, obviously this is fitted to the car and with all the plugs in.

X332 have you got a link?

Lynall

Press the eject button and jab the cassette vicously with your fingers and it will come out, obviously this is fitted to the car and with all the plugs in.

X332 have you got a link?

Lynall

Sounds familiar, I had to do this to my changer unit to get it to eject. My one seems to jam up due to the multipin plug underneath being loose, it's been working ok since the last bashing was handed out.

Try this £55 + postage

There is also this but they want £120 for repair inc postage

I have heard that it is due to lubrication hardening / drying out, but then I know nothing about CD changers!!

Last edited:
For whatever reason the CD Cassette will not eject from the unit
When looking inside it appears one of the disc trays has not withdrawn itself back into the cassette and hence it will not eject from the unit

thought to myself....easy this...remoce 4 screws and lift cover off

WRONG.....cover is made from 1 single piece and i cannot work out how to remove it

Anybody any ideas

Did you get this sorted out? I have got home with my 'new' car only to find exactly the same problem, disc/ cassette open permanently so i can't eject the tray.

Did you get this sorted out? I have got home with my 'new' car only to find exactly the same problem, disc/ cassette open permanently so i can't eject the tray.

Well had a play with it, took it out, took it apart and managed to get the tray back into it's slot. Everything seems to be working for the time being but i'm wary about putting more discs in the changer.

could really do with some info on how to fix these.

can't be that complicated...can it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom