Manufacturer Certificate of Authenticity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evansash

Car
r230 55 AMG & r107 300
Can MB provide a certificate of authenticity or similar giving the production date and specification of a car when vin number provided?

The yellow homologation certificate that comes with all new cars should have that info.

If it is not for a newish car , you can write to the Classic Centre in Fellbach , enclosing proof of ownership ( copy of registration document ) as required by German law .

They can provide this information from the archives , when I did this in the early 80's for my Ponton , I received back a very nice letter from Herr Von Pein and numerous documents including the requested information , data card , windscreen consignment sticker , factory photographs and more .

Nowadays , you can request a vehicle 'birth certificate' which is accepted by DVLA as proof of date of manufacture for registration purposes , although there is now a fee .

thanks, Porsche do this, free to club members so will give Fellbach a try

How did you get on with this?

Sorry, site blocked my link so try searching carinfo.kiev.ua and after the ua forward slash cars forward slash vin forward slash Mercedes. Good luck

Thanks. I was looking for something more authentic and official.

I had to verify my 1973 R107 about 6 years ago . The DVLA requested proof of build , so I contacted MB Customer Assistance in Maastricht. They sent me a letter on headed paper stating the approximate build date.They were unable to say where it had been sent from the factory , but the letter was sufficient for me to register the car. ( the previous owner had the car for 23 years on a personal plate , and re-registered the car before i bought it. Despite having a DVLA issued plate , when I applied for a registration document I had to take the car to Bristol VRO , and was advised the car was not correctly registered!).

Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom