Manufacturers 0-60 times?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

As we all know, MB and every other manufacturers MPG figures are never realistic in the real world.

It's made me wonder if the 0-60 (or 0-62) figures are ever achievable?

I've never taken the trouble to time any of my cars. Wondering if anyone knows any facts.

Discuss. :thumb:

Ant

According to Autocar and other road tests reports they're not too far off.
Its a definitive test that can be replicated unlike mpg tests which don't replicate how most people drive.

According to Autocar and other road tests reports they're not too far off.
Its a definitive test that can be replicated unlike mpg tests which don't replicate how most people drive.

I've always wondered why manufacturers don't publish a 60-0 time or distance. I think it would be just as good a selling point as a 0-60 boast :dk:

Ant

I've used Racelogic timing gear on mine and mine happily got a 0-60 of 4.1s when it was running at 510BHP. However, there is a technique to getting E55Ks off the line quick. You can't just plant it - you have to feed it in but still quite quickly.

Supposed to be 4.7.

I personally think they often underestimate to avoid litigation.

Watched a clip of a W210 E55 and E39 M5 - both of which got considerably better 0 - 60s then they were supposed to, as standard.

Points to note... 0.5s is easily lost in a misjudgement and when you are talking 4.0s and there is a difference between 0 - 60 and 0 - 62 (100KM/H)!

Achievable? My C280 is supposed to be 7 seconds to 60. I've timed it at 6.5 seconds with 90,000 miles on the clock.

I'd say they're conservative.

If you prime the drivetrain on a launch you can easily exceed the manufactures times too.

There's quite a bit of useful information on the subject in this thread. LINK. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom