Map disc

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by jonp8, Mar 30, 2014.

1. jonp8

jonp8 New Member

Car:
    CLK 320. SLK55 AMG
    I've just replaced the dead comand in my W209 with another. I put the map disc from the old comand in the replacement. At first the unit was giving me a CD 0 error. After a few cleans with a cleaning disk and leaving it in the drive it's trying to load it but failing and trying again. The disc is a genuine mercedes item but it is very marked. My PC can read the disc but obviously it cannot run it. I was thinking of getting the disc cleaned/resurfaced. Has anyone tried this? Does it make a difference? I know it works on game DVDs and films but will it work on a map disc?
    Cheers
    Jon

2. OP
    OP
    jonp8

jonp8 New Member

Car:
    CLK 320. SLK55 AMG
    Panic over! I found out that the disc in the old comand is the wrong one! It has a green flash and not blue. Thanks to the mercupgrades website I checked the serial numbers and found it is a version 5.0 for ntg1 not ntg2, I've managed to sort out the correct disc for the unit so hopefully problem cured!
    Thanks again for the info on mercupgrades!
    :D

3 people like this.
Tags: