Map sensor cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IFFY100

Car
Cls 350 cdi 2010 grand edition
Got a bit spare time tomorrow so was thinking of routinely cleaning the map sensor. Is this recommended? Car is a om642 350cdi. I would use maf cleaner to do the job.

Are you having boost issues ?

IFFY , MAF sensor cleaning is not something someone does if they have a bit of 'spare time' , :) . Do you have a fault showing that could be MAF related ?

If I change the air filters or remove the batwing I nearly always spray the MAF batwing because it is always oily on the om642 . I’ve been doing it for a decade with no issues .
i also spray clean the inside of the back pressure sensor (the small hole) and the egr valve every year :cool:

i was questioning if the op knows his map from his maf .. :)

I have had a code. Boost pressure related. Maf is one thing but does the om642 not have a map sensor somewhere near the throttle body.

I have had a code. Boost pressure related. Maf is one thing but does the om642 not have a map sensor somewhere near the throttle body.

The 1 your looking for is at the front of the engine . In the thick air pipes to turbo.

I first time heard of cleaning the map sensor. I never cleaned my map sensor for a while but now I think I must clean it. Anyone of handing it to professinals commercial cleaning companies in long beach. By the way what price do professionals charge?
Just buy one for 30 bucks (for your Nissan ) ? Otherwise wrong forum buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom