MAP sensor testing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkC250

Car
1999 C250TD Sport Estate
How do I test the MAP sensor on my W202 C250 without plugging it into a Star ?

measure voltage, with an analogue meter, and it should 'spike' with turbo boost. I forget the actual voltages. Better with an ociliscope

I have a spare map sensor. Ill post it to you. If it works, pay for it, if it doesnt, post it back.....

I have a spare map sensor. Ill post it to you. If it works, pay for it, if it doesnt, post it back.....

Thank you, that's very kind.

I'll PM you my address.

Received today, thank you.
Not had chance to fit it yet as after work I went down to West Sussex to collect a caravan for a mate.

I collected the caravan from Horsham, delivered it to West End (just off J3 M3) then back to Heathrow, got home at 9.20, had some dinner, spent an hour or so the my forums then off to bed, back at work for 6.00 this morning.

Tonight I replaced a leakoff pipe and removed an electric fuel pump that I was hoping might fix my problem (just in case it was air ingress) but didn't help.

I then swapped the MAP sensors and after a very short drive it shows no sign of improvement.
Should any faults have been cleared before it will recognize the new sensor ?

I'll give it a proper run tomorrow and see what it's like just in case.

On a side note my central locking has stopped locking from the key, it'll unlock but not lock.

Electric fuel pump? Not an mb one then.

Yes, map sensor is one of the few self clearing ones.

No not MB, but served the perpus of elimination.

That's good to know.

guydewdney changing the MAP sensor hasn't made any difference,
so if you PM me your address I'll sent it back to you + cost of your postage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom