Map update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also, it they take payment only by PayPal and not by credit card, then returning the discs for a refund will be diffucult.

So having a go to see what turns up is not really an option either.

I would give this one a miss.

It appears that they do take payment by credit card allso but like you I am a bit sceptical seeing a they are so cheap.Has anyone any advice where or how I could obtain one at a reasonable price that is genuine,Comand online do one but at £156 it's a bit pricey in my view or is that the only safe way to go,thanks.

It appears that they do take payment by credit card allso but like you I am a bit sceptical seeing a they are so cheap.Has anyone any advice where or how I could obtain one at a reasonable price that is genuine,Comand online do one but at £156 it's a bit pricey in my view or is that the only safe way to go,thanks.

You can try buying an original second hand disc from eBay.co.uk or eBay.de.

But I expect that they will be selling at around the 100-120 Euro Mark.

Alternatively buy a new disc from comandonline.co.uk then sell it on eBay?

Incidentally, buying/selling the disc on eBay may constitute breach of MB's EULA, though the point is that at least you don't risk bricking your COMAND unit (as opposed to pirated copy ).

Had first B service 2 weeks ago at MB, asked them to update our command sat nav, it currently shows
Tom Tom. 2014/2015 (V 11.0) Europe, was told they did not have the update yet, I said we drive abroad a lot, he said if we bring it in for the free winter check, and they have it ,it could be done then. Felt a bit fobbed off, warranty gives free annual updates, come the winter check we will have crossed Europe twice more. Does anyone here have a more upto date sat nav code than the above?

Try your main dealer - you may be pleasantly surprised. I recently bought the latest disc for my SL from them, part no MA2118270401, for £83.33 + vat.

If you have Comand NTG4 and your is an early C class 204, beware. The warning on the listing you posted is because early 204's had a small nav partition on the HDD that is too small for any update later than 2014-15. MB will not be offering a fix for this, so many of us are stuck - although Alfie and Richard at Comand.co.uk reckon they have a disc that will fix the problem and allow the later (larger) updates to be installed - but needless to say it's not free!

That listing says it's not suitable for 204's built before 11/2008 - and that same warning now appears on the back of genuine MB DVD cases.

NTG4 DVD's are re-useable, so look on Ebay and MB forums, buy a set, install, resell!

http://www.latestsatnav.co.uk/lates...edes-ntg4-204-comand-navigation-dvd-200-p.asp

Can anyone tell me if these map DVD are safe to buy and install,thanks
I bought one for my Saab from a similar website (looks the same though, could be the same owner) and it was utter rubbish. It wasn't a copy because Saab had stopped making them, but a hacked together effort that failed to load 9 times out of 10, then crashed when it did. Some zoom levels and search was missing! I checked the DVD structure and files and whoever made them was incompetent. I complained of course but the seller refused to send me a working DVD or refund my money. I could be bothered to take it further, but if I find the time I will. Buyer beware.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your feedback,I have decided not to go down that route and will keep an eye out on eBay etc and hope a decent price one comes along,if anyone out there has one or knows of one perhaps they can give me a nod,I'm not sure but I think version 14 is the latest I currently have version 11 installed.My car is a 2011 model pre facelift

2e061634a5428e97cd6eb45cc426093a.jpg
121f964e07b19dd23c1605a3adabd6a9.jpg

I have this genuine disk available, bought from main dealer.
Open to offers

CowleyStJames said:
I have this genuine disk available, bought from main dealer. Open to offers
Have tried to pm you but don't think I'm allowed yet.i am interested at the right price but don't want to put you off by a silly offer,what sort of figure you looking for?

Can't send you a message for some reason, but I'd take £40

Hi, if Mr fizz doesn't take this, I would be interested.
Will pm you

I'd like to take up your offer thank you can't pm you but my email is [email protected] if you could get in touch we can arrange details thanks

fabes said:
Hi, if Mr fizz doesn't take this, I would be interested. Will pm you
Hi fabes if youre still interested in the map discs i have now finished and be willing to pass them on.If you can email me at [email protected] perhaps we can come to some arrangement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom