Map Updates?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiim533

Car
Really sorry for posting this, but I've searched the group, Google, handbook etc., but I've had a heck of a week so maybe I'm not on full power.

I have a 2015 E350 Cabrio. I tried to find out what version of Comand it has, but playing with it, it doesn't want to tell me!

It had it's first A service yesterday at MB Fortune Green, and they said they had updated the maps (I go to Norfolk quite a bit and there's been some road changes), but when I check the Map Version it says: 2014/2015 (V2.1) EUROPE.

Is this the latest one? Oh and if someone can tell me what version of Comand I have as well that would be great.

Many thanks

You've got to have an NTG4.5 COMAND Online. You could get more recent maps if you were from India or South-America. Odd but 2014/2015 seems to be the latest release for this Comand:
Navigation

On a 2015 car you should have free map updates for 3 years from you local friendly MB main dealer!

Contact Comand.co.uk for info.

2015 car can be Model Year 2016 with NTG5

Given the map version, that is what you have.

But, I dont think thats the latest, as they tend to do 6 monthly releases for current cars, and yearly at worst case. So i'd expect 2015/2016 or 2016

Tell them
"Look on VeDOK for the latest map pin available for my Chassis Number and check the map part number"
"order the latest map media" - Which is USB, although possibly dealers can download this
"If it makes your life easy, send it to me on USB stick with the PIN code"
(then you can install it without bothering the dealer - just plug it in and enter the PIN code)

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard for the correction. I had missed the NTG5 update on an A207 completely. Seems NTG5 comes from the second of March, 2015 build date onwards. The low map database version number too refers to a fresh Comand.

A bit off topic but the navigation database version information from Mercedes (excluding VeDoc that customers cannot access) is equally misleading as my message above. Several monthly pdf-updates were missing recently. A 7.2015 copy does not cover the fact that the A207 had changed from NTG 4.5. Even if it did not list the NTG5 update (like if there were none), the document should state an end date of 1.3.2015 for NTG4.5 (hope I got the dates right, converted from the US date format).

If the pdf is incomplete, the information for "new cars" is even more out of date.
Navigation

I'm quite confused about the NTG5 family in general too. Richard says:
"Look on VeDOK for the latest map pin available for my Chassis Number and check the map part number",
Is this to be sure about the latest available update or is it possible that the latest NTG5 update (as described on the pdf) may not apply for all chassis types with an NTG5 Comand?

Have a personal problem here, my dealer says there is no update for the W222 since 2015 V6.0 while the pdf says a 2015/2016 version has been released.

Last edited:
Thanks all. The dealer has issued a grovelling apology and will pick the car up and ensure it's done properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom