Map updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HI JHS and thank you for the reply, much appreciated :thumb:

I had not read all on the other thread and thought it was just for the NTG 5 series

I have dropped an email to Navi expert and asked them my questions I think I will move this to your much later thread when I have a reply

Cheers

Reactions: JHS
Hi all my 1st Post here

Sorry to wake up this thread yet again but it seems the most informative or is that hopefully gives me the answer I want

The following is mostly for Crewie and markjay

I have a 2015 SL63 AMG R231 with NTG 4.7 but the maps still 2015 and as its has a MB Warranty I asked Mercedes me about upgrading the map the following is their reply that's verbatum

".....Thank you for contacting Mercedes me connect, regarding our previous phone converdsation you wish to know how to update map version on your Meredes-Benz SL 63 AMG. After reviewing the specifications of the vehicle being a Head Unit NTG4.5 with COMAND (427) it is not possible to update maps manually using a computer, I apologise for the confusion as i though it was possible for that particular configuration but on a closer investigation the only possible way to update maps for that particular configuration is at your local Merceds-Benz Workshop. For your reference the map versions available for your vehicle are "EUROPE 2014/2015 V11.0" , "EUROPE 2019 V18.0" & "EUROPE 2019/2020 V19.0" and you can verify the map version on the NAvi section of the vehicle....."

Giving that to a dealership I had the following reply

".....Your car is one of the pre-facelift models. The operating system for this iteration of the car is designated NTG 4.5. The hardware design for the COMAND system was finalised around 13 years ago and has been superseded by several newer variants, including the new NTG 6.0 and 6.1 (also known as MBUX). The latest map version for systems running NTG 4.5 is the 2019/2020 release. It seems Daimler do not intend to release further map updates for systems running NTG 4.5....."

So in effect there will be no more map updates! Mercedes Me also need a spell-check:rolleyes:

The latest version is 2019/2020 so it must be based upon a map made in 2018 some 4 years ago and all the dealerships I spoke to want £160 to update the map and the car for a day. That to me is a huge amount of money for something so out of date.

I have just paid for live traffic via Mercedes me that costs £119 a year or as I paid £250 for 3 years being £83/annum. That is so expensive compared to my wife £79 for her 540i M sport x-drive (its a family traditional thing all 2 seaters soft tops are mine and all tin tops are hers but we drive both)

So I wish to buy an aftermarket map that still allows for the following
  • Live traffic
  • Shows Petrol stations
  • Lists all the nearest petrol station when low fuel comes up
I do not know if all cars of mines age do this but I get a yellow warning and a list of local petrol stations then on about the last gallon a red warning

Crewie all your old eBay links are understandably out of date and looking on the web I found MERCEDES NTG4.5 AND NTG4.7 SAT NAV MAP NAVIGATION UPDATE EUROPE 2022-2023

But when asking they if the live traffic works the only reply was "Its just a Navi Map"

So opinions please on which if any of the from the WEB ones actually work work
Thanks for all your this but I have a new model I got in 2020. I get all the updates free for 3 years but thanks for ur reply 😎😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom