Map upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatboydel

Car
MB C350 CDI Estate
I had an offer of a new map update from my local Mercedes dealer for £99, which seems like a bargain. So got it yesterday after they used my reg to identify the correct set for me, I have ntg4 flip up screen Comand with hard disk and 6 disk changer in a 2010 C350 CDI. When I insert the disc it comes up with current map version 2012 v10 and the new disc is 2012 v7! This was supposed to be a deal for the latest version, yet this one they have sold me is 3 versions older than the one I have now.

What is the very latest version for ntg4 Comand? Think I have been ripped off....

Your car has NTG4. Latest disc is part number a2048279259 V10. What is the part number on your disc?

BTW when you want to update you could just buy a genuine disc cheaper on ebay, update your system, then sell it on.

The disc they have sold me is part number A2128276959. I told them I had version 10.0 installed and when we checked the disc it has no version number on the outside, but I was assured it was newer, so is version 10.00 the current one, that has been around since May 2012.

Just checked my invoice and it has part number MA 204 8279259, so they invoiced me the v10 disk and gave me an old one.

Your already on the latest disc. The disc you have been given is the wrong disc for NTG4-W204 anyway, it is not for your system.

Going to have an interesting conversation with Mercedes tomorrow then.

They disc you have been given is the latest disc for NTG4-W212, it is the E class disc.

Got my money back with no probs. Two wasted journeys though :-(

So the latest NTG4 map dats back to Apr 2012, that's really old and there are lots of things wrong in my area alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom