Mapping and the MB service plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flying banana

Car
‘18 AMG GTS Premium - Selenite Grey, '99 Lotus Elise S1 111s - Mustard Pearl
Hi,

having bought my E last year second hand but from a main dealer and with the 3 year service plan, I'm wondering whether it's likely to be invalidated if I get it remapped. The car is out of manufacturer warranty this summer.

It's a 15 plate E220 Bluetec AMG Night edition - 177ps - which if I understand correctly has the detuned E250 twin turbo four-pot engine. Mapped it might get to 200hp - more with injector work so I understand. Having come from an Audi A8 3.0 TDI Most recently and a Celtic tuning mapped E320 cdi prior to that, the old girl is noticeably more weedy, so a bit more oomph would be great. Not at the expense of the service plan though.

Thoughts?

My last Mercedes was mapped whilst still in warranty. The dealership were fine with it, even honouring warranty on unrelated items.

Just make sure you let them know as they could potentially overwrite the ECU with a software update.

The MB Service Care Plan is not a warranty - you are purchasing in advance two (or three) services, and paying in instalments.

I don't see why remapping the engine will invalidate your service purchase - but of course it's best to call MB and clarify this point directly with them.

On a practical level, my car (not remapped) was serviced by MB and I doubt that they proactively checked the engine mapping... they did update the ECU software when I asked them to, but again if you don't raise it I doubt they''ll voluntarily carry-out any extra work on the car (checking the engine mapping is not on the checklist for Service A or B...)

There are no issues with mapping your car and being on the service plan.
Like what has been said tell them about the map at service time to avoid them writing over the map.

Thanks for imput, sounds like there's nothnig stopping me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom