Mapping and warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevie1982

Car
2014 C63 AMG
So I've had the c63 for a month or so now and it's by far the most enjoyable car I've had to date. From a back ground of tuned cars so would like to have the car mapped. Not so much for the top end figures but as it makes the car more responsive and driveable. Now I've been hearing great things about the guys at eurocharged and MSL. The worry I have is I still have 2 years warranty on the car, now I know they say it's untraceable but I'd like to know if anyone has run into issues at the main dealers. Please Pm me if you'd rather

Cheers

Any remap is detectable if one looks hard enough. The thing is in normal servicing/repairs no one is going to bother.
If there is a warranty claim on the engine/transmission and is significantly costly they may check, if not the dealership quite possibly the warranty underwriters.
If the map is declared on your insurance (which of course it should be) I wonder if the various agencies can check this way?

The warranty is with Mercedes-Benz, a year left on the manufacturer and an additional used approved warranty from them to.

It's not so much the power as it's plenty powerful enough. It's more the increased torque through the rev range, the throttle response and assume a tad more noise will be achieved.

Just curious that in case of an engine issue and albeit rolled back to the OEM map, would they be able to see it and if anyone had found themselves in a dilemma with the dealer

Even rolling back to the original MB map will be 'logged' by the ECU, they will see it if they look...

That's weird as they always say "eurocharged" cant be noticed as it doesnt "write" anything to the ecu???

The way to avoid problems is a 2nd ECU.;)
Keep the stock one in the boot and change it over before servicing.

That's weird as they always say "eurocharged" cant be noticed as it doesnt "write" anything to the ecu???

This is what I've read and from previous experiencewoth mapping albeit in the subaru scene it was a no go unless you wanted to void any warranty

If It is 100% no question untraceable and there aren't any owners who come forward with an issue then it's time to get it ordered and mapped

Just remap and enjoy. Life is too short to worry about possible warranty issues.
Unless you ragged the car and drives like a lunatic everyday.... then maybe consider warranty as safety option.

Just remap and enjoy. Life is too short to worry about possible warranty issues.
Unless you ragged the car and drives like a lunatic everyday.... then maybe consider warranty as safety option.

Tried to email the guys at eurocharged.uk.com from two different email accounts and both failed so looks like I'll be calling at lunch tomorrow :D

Or..... do what many do: find a dealer that is happy to work on your car with the mods / map in place. All you'll miss out on is the software updates if you advise them it's mapped. They have no reason to plug your car in for anything other than diagnostics, which isn't linked to Germany. My dealer is always happy to work on my cars and has said that if I had a problem that needed Germany to look at i could revert to stock and then have the work done. It's money at the end of the day and a good dealer will want to keep your custom. It's also more interesting for the techs if an enthusiast car is in the bay.

You can also purchase the hand help file loader from a eurocharged dealer. This way you can remove the map and reload the map as you please. The ecu won't be interrogated that deeply unless something goes seriously wrong, which is very unlikely. I have reservations about a 2nd ecu option as certain aspects of the cars data are stored in the car and others in the ecu. A 2nd ecu could create a mismatch issue with timelapse data.

Eddie

Would be very shocked if the main dealer would go for that, when I asked about fitting the uprated lsd they mentioned it wouldn't be covered as it wasnt fitted at factory

The hand held seems the way to go, i was just curious if anyone who had used it had run into problems with it under warranty from a main dealer

Maybe change your dealer? They are usually not too far between them. I have 3 within a 30 mile radius. All very different approaches.

Yes, the change will be 'logged' by the ECU but no dealer is going to bother looking unless prompted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom