March GTG Participants

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lets all take care and remember this meet for all the right reasons !

Take note and drive sensibly

Mark

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Northamptonshire is always warm ;)

It's all the heat the S/Cameras radiate.

Here's a bit of recent news from the area of the next GTG. It sounds like this camera radiated a bit more that heat:bannana:

SPEED CAMERA BOMBED Wednesday 5th February

The backlash is getting worse

The backlash against speed cameras is growing and it won't be long before someone gets hurt. Detectives in Northamptonshire are investigating an explosion by a speed camera on the A605 at Thrapston.

The camera was destroyed and metal fragments were found fifty feet away.

Whilst many cameras in Northamptonshire have been vandalised or driven into, this is the first one to be blown up.

Detective Constable Alison Farr, of Kettering CID, said on Tuesday night: "We are treating this crime extremely seriously, it was an unbelievably irresponsible act.

The incident occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Watch out for:

A14 westbound Jct 9
A14 eastbound Jct 8
Whole of Northampton:p , average speed cameras!!

A509 Wellingborough to Kettering at Little/Great Harroden.

All above are working!!

Various 'mobile safety camera cars' on major roads, never seen them at the weekend though.:)

Really, in Northampton(shire) it is best to 'stick to the limit and you wont get a ticket'!!!

I'm glad that I'm running mine in.:rolleyes:

3000rpm max = 110mph so thats OK then?:bannana:

The backlash against speed cameras is growing and it won't be long before someone gets hurt. Detectives in Northamptonshire are investigating an explosion by a speed camera on the A605 at Thrapston.

Simon,

Is this the one down the road from you on the way to Peterborough?

Nope, it’s right near Thrapston. You’re probably thinking of the ones at Elton, one of which is looking into a field:bannana:

I'm tempted to go and get a piccy of what's left of the other one:D

Gents I will be there too. Please does anybody know which is quickier M11 A14 or M25 M1. Thanks and see ya there.

Regards
Ian

Originally posted by rirhill
Gents I will be there too. Please does anybody know which is quickier M11 A14 or M25 M1. Thanks and see ya there.

Regards
Ian

Depends where you are coming from.:p

If I am going to Dartford side I would go A14, M11. I go to Hemel often and always go Northampton then M1. Not much in it from London, depends if you are closer to M11 or M1.

Yep I coming from Gravesend side. I quess its best M11 A14 right?

Thanks
Ian

Thats the way I go when coming to SE London. Watch for the Camera's when the M11 becomes the A14!

I'll be there...I just hope I have enoug time to finish my mods between my US return and UK departure...otherwise I have nothing new to show...

greetingz,

Originally posted by MBenzNL
I'll be there...I just hope I have enoug time to finish my mods between my US return and UK departure...otherwise I have nothing new to show...

greetingz,

What have you planned? :) Let me know if you need a hand so I can schedule my visit to before the GTG ;)

I'm hoping to be there, but will most likely be on my own. Anyone bringing children? I have a 9 year old who's car mad, but won't bring him if kids are off-limits.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I'm 99% sure that my 9 yr old daughter will be coming, also I think Mark (300SL) will be bringing his kid (s).

Yep I coming from Gravesend side. I quess its best M11 A14 right?

Thanks
Ian

Thats the way I will go too - anyone want to plan a meet at Thurrock (M25) or Birchanger (Stanstead J8/M11) services ?

Could be fun to all turn up together - especially if its another "all silver" convoy :)

Mark

If we could meet at Birchanger (Stanstead J8/M11) services that would be great as I am coming from Greenwich through the dreaded blackwall pipe.
Pete

I am up for that Mark well the car is silver. What time and where?
You up for that Paul, Dave etc?

Regards
Ian

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom