Marco Simoncelli killed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very very sad.

The helmet off was a sign it wasn't going to be good news........

24 is no age to lose your life.

Will be greatly missed in the sport. Thoughts go out to all his family and friends. Very sad day

He didn't stand a chance...so sad.

He was a great character, will be sadly missed! RIP :(

I videoed this this morning and have just finished watching, a horrific crash, and a sad loss, he was such a flamboyant rider. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends, Colin and Valentino will feel this particularly badly, not that they could have done anything. A sad day for MotoGP

RIP Simo

He died at the top level of the sport he lived for. An freakish accident that will probably not be seen again.

Without people like Marco, sport would not be as entertaining and enthralling as it is.

I do wonder if his flamboyant hairstyle attributed to his helmet coming off though ...

He indulged in a high risk sport, and took a measured risk every time he raced, as did everyone else.

Without people like him the world would be a poorer place, I admire his courage, and mourn his death.

RIP Marco. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I've just watched the video of the incident on you tube. He didn't stand a chance and the two riders behind couldn't have done anything to miss him. Very sad day.

He indulged in a high risk sport, and took a measured risk every time he raced, as did everyone else.

Amen...

I do wonder if we have lost a little reality on here sometimes.

RIP Marco.... great character and a proper racer. He will be sadly missed by everyone involved in Motorcycles...

R.I.P Marco, very sad loss to motorcycle racing. He was a potential future World Champion.

Sad news. It's been a pretty dark week for motorsport in general.

Definitely a real racer. I love the way he used to p off the so-called big names by overtaking them at the 'wrong' places on the track.

I am sad with the death of a young person. However, racing Motorbikes is not without its risks, something he would be aware of and was prepared to accept (otherwise he wouldn't do it).

At least he died doing something he loved.

RIP Marco. Thoughts and prayers are with his family. Cannot begin to imagine what they are going through after having to witness the tragic accident. Video is quite shocking indeed, very very sad. Now two young men have sadly lost their lives in motorsport in a matter of days.

Very sad. I liked him and his have-a-go attitude. A real balls-out racer. Thankfully that appears not to be the cause of his demise.

Spare a thought too for Colin Edwards, who must be feeling absolutely terrible, notwithstanding his own injuries. And Valentino Rossi too. Neither of them could possibly have avoided the collision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom